We invite you to participate in Weston High School’s 15th annual (COVID-adapted) Pumpkin Festival in support of Camp Sunshine, a camp for terminally ill children in Casco, Maine!While this event has previously been run as an in-person festival on the Town Green, due to COVID-19 town and state-wide restrictions and safety concerns, Camp Sunshine has made the decision that all of their events this fall will be encompassed into “Pumpkin Fest – The Great Pumpkin Run/Walk/Roll” that will be held virtually from October 18-25th.
To be a part of this, you can walk, run, or bike a 5k, 10k, half-marathon, or a marathon (cumulative over the entire week). You can also win prizes for the distance you walk, run, or bike, and how much you fundraise!
For more further instructions on how to participate and track your mileage : http://events.campsunshine.org/site/TR?fr_id=1510&pg=entry
We encourage you to donate to the WHS Pumpkin Festival Team on the Camp Sunshine page to support this great cause. Our fundraising page can be found here: http://events.campsunshine.org/site/TR/Marathons/General?team_id=4253&pg=team&fr_id=1510
We have also added instructions below on how to fundraise and participate!
Thank you all for your consideration and continued support of WHS and Camp Sunshine!
WHS Pumpkin Festival Committee
- Visit the Weston HS Pumpkin Festival main fundraising page http://bit.ly/westonpumpkinfest20
- “JOIN TEAM”
- “JOIN OUR CAUSE” at bottom of page
- Choose a “race”
- Set a “fundraising goal” (it mentions a discount code – does not apply here)
- Complete Registration page/Choose username/password
- Be sure to include your T-SHIRT/SWEATSHIRT size If you are trying to earn swag
- Enter your payment information/review/make payment
- A Confirmation email will be generated and sent to you-at the bottom of this email there will be a link to the Participant Center
- Participant Center will allow you to see your donations, send emails to friends/family and/or add a photo or special message if you wish
- When you send emails to friends/family asking for donations from the Participant Center, a link to your fundraising page will automatically be included. Please instruct people to click “DONATE NOW” not “JOIN TEAM” on your page to receive credit for the fundraising swag
- When accessing the Weston High Pumpkin Festival main fundraising page, you will see your name on the Team Roster under Ms. McCarty alongside the total you have raised to date. Your name is also a clickable link that will take you back to your personal fundraising page. You can enter your username/password from either the WHS main page or your personal fundraising page to manage your account