Week of September 25, 2023
Hello, Country School!
It was great to see so many of you at the Back to School Picnic on Wednesday! We hope everyone had a fun evening.
The Country School spirit wear shop is OPEN FOR BUSINESS! It will only be open for three weeks, so grab your T-shirts, hats, and sweatshirts now. Orders will ship in early November, so your new gear will arrive just in time for the cold weather and for our November Spirit Day! Super cute offerings in the store, too, like this tie-dye hoodie and these brand new Country School Coyotes shirts! We also have some nice fleeces and shirts for parents. Go get ‘em now—they will sell out!
Next time you’re at school, have a look at the planters outside the front entrance — parents Katherine Ruhl, Connie Hong, and Heidi Xiao donated their time, talent, and a beautiful Fall arrangement. We love what they’ve done and are very grateful for their contributions! Email Jess or Amy if you’d like to be part of this new PTO beautification committee.
A couple of reminders:
- Back to School Night is this Thursday, September 28, from 5:45-7:45pm. Please see details on timing below.
- Picture Day is this Friday, September 29.You can return your paper order form to your child’s teacher or order pictures online.
Please see additional announcements below. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Country School calendar to stay up to date on all school and PTO-related activities, and follow us on Instagram @countryschool for school-related photos and information.
Have a great week, Coyotes!
Jess and Amy
Country School PTO Co-Chairs
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- Thursday 9/28 – Back to School Night (see below for timing info)
- Friday 9/29 – Picture Day | 8:30-11:30am
- Saturday 9/30 – WEEFC Fall Fundraiser (see auction details below)
- Wednesday 10/4 – Elementary Early Release | 11:30am
- Monday 10/9 – No School, Indigenous Peoples’ Day/Columbus Day
- Wednesday 10/18 – No Kindergarten
- Wednesday 10/25 – K-5 Conferences, Early Release | 11:30am
- Friday 10/27 – Trunk or Treat, Field School parking lot | 4:30-6pm
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT 9/28
5:45-6:00pm or 7:05-7:20pm – Meet the Student Services Team (Special Ed, Intervention, etc.)
6:00-6:40pm – Preschool, K, Grade 1
6:45-7:00pm – Principal Welcome in Cafeteria
7:05-7:45pm – Grade 2 and 3
Visit Us in the Lobby!
- Weston PTO will have a table to renew or purchase memberships in person, or you can visit HERE to renew or join online. Please contact Mrs. Maguire or PTO President Stephanie Goldstein for confidential financial assistance with membership dues.
- WEEFC will also have a table for families to pick up Wildcat Croc Charm orders and learn more about the organization.
DISMISSAL NOTEPADS ARE HERE!
The Dismissal Notepad Fundraiser is back! These personalized notepads are incredibly handy when you need to write a note for after-school dismissal. Proceeds from this fundraiser benefit Weston METCO Family Friends, an organization made up of Boston and Weston families who share a commitment to maximizing the connections between the two communities through events and activities. The deadline for ordering is October 20th, so get your orders in now. One order includes four notepads (50 sheets per pad). Please contact Nancy Fournierwith any questions.
PAID LUNCH MONITOR POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Field School principal Dan Green is reaching out to any parents (K-12) who might be interested in part-time work at one of the town’s elementary schools. Specifically, the schools are hoping to hire lunch/recess monitors between the hours of 11:15am-1:30pm every day during the school year. These part-time positions are perfect for parents interested in connecting with and supporting students during less structured times. The position pays $16.33-$17.59 an hour. Please email Dr. Green if you are interested.
WEEFC’s upcoming Fall fundraiser event is almost here! The auction is now open for bidding, and we wanted to draw your attention to several fun opportunities geared towards Country students:
You can participate in the silent auction even if you’re not attending the WEEFC fundraiser by visiting the event website and clicking “sign in” in the upper right-hand corner to register. Interested in going in on a package with friends? Choose one person from your group to do the bidding. Once you’ve been declared the winning bidder, let a WEEFC representative know, and we will divide the cost amongst your group. All proceeds from the event will go towards funding innovative programming that enhances the curriculum at all five Weston Public Schools.