August 24, 2021
Weston Schools Parent/Guardians,
Over the last week we sent out a couple of district-wide communications. To ensure everyone has received the messages, we are following up with a communications test.
We will send all general messages out via our “Weston Updates” website email system, AND post them to the website. All parents/guardians have been subscribed to the website-based “Weston Updates” and you can manage your own subscriptions on this webpage. These email lists were updated last week with family contact information from our student information system (Infinite Campus). Individual schools will follow a similar protocol with general messages posted to their website.
The Infinite Campus communication system will be used for academics, schedules, deadlines, attendance, grade reporting, etc.. These messages are not generally posted to the website as they may be personalized and/or more confidential in nature.
Urgent and Important information will be pushed through Email, Text messages, and/or a Voice phone call using the contact information listed in Infinite Campus. To review or submit changes to contact information as listed in Infinite Campus, use this process.
How to Check if you are getting the messages we are sending:
We sent the following messages out from “Weston Updates” in the last last week to all parents/guardians:
- Back-to-School PTO Ice Cream Social Aug 30th at 3pm (August 18th, roughly 5:15pm)
- Important COVID-19 Information (August 19th, roughly 3:20pm)
These messages were sent from “Weston Public Schools <firstname.lastname@example.org>”, please check to see if you received them.
If you do not see them, look in “junk mail”, or the Google “Updates” folder if using Gmail (and drag the message to the primary tab), or do a search for text in the messages to see where they landed. If you are still unable to find them, please email IChelpdesk@weston.org to let us know and we will investigate.
- If you did not receive the “Weston Updates” email message sent last week (as mentioned above), subscribe here. [Action Required]
- If you received this email message and the “Weston Updates” email messages from last week, we have the correct email for you in Infinite Campus, and thus: [No Action Required]
- We will send a test SMS text message to all parents/guardians–each individually–on Wednesday, August 25th, at 3:00pm. If you do not receive the SMS text, then please update the contact information in Infinite Campus by following these instructions. [Action Required] If you cannot access Infinite Campus, please submit a support request to IChelpdesk@weston.org.
This email message was sent from Infinite Campus (not the website “Updates”). The tricky thing about testing communication platforms is that the notifications of the impending test messages also require a functioning communication platform. If you don’t know to expect a test message, you won’t know you missed it! Please help us take care of our community by checking to ensure your friends and neighbors received this email message, the Weston Updates messages, and the subsequent test SMS message.
Thanks for your continued support.