Dear Field School families,
We hope you had a great weekend! This week, we have many community announcements to share so we encourage you to read through the following new announcements (in bold below) and a few reminders:
- BWMPO Fall 2022 John Hudson Memorial Scholarship Fundraiser
- The Weston METCO Fruit Sale is Back!
- WEEFC Fall Fundraiser – The Numbers Are In!
- Weston PTO Performing Artists and Authors Committee
- After School Book Clubs at the Library
- Weston High School Annual Pumpkin Festival
- Weston High School’s “Haunted Hospital”
- Important Dates
- Trunk or Treat
- Trick or Treat for UNICEF
- METCO Family and Friends Dismissal Notepad Fundraiser
- Elementary Curriculum Forum Series
- Responsive Home Workshop
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions. Have a wonderful week.
Laura Wilson & Taylor McIntire
Field School PTO Co-Chairs
1. BWMPO Fall 2022 John Hudson Memorial Scholarship Fundraiser: The BWMPO is excited to launch our fall fundraiser for the John Hudson Memorial Scholarship fund with Boston-based My Grandma’s Coffee Cakes. These cakes are guaranteed to be a hit on any occasion! There are four flavors available to order and we’ll have a pickup location in Weston and another in Boston for your convenience on November 19th, just in time for the holidays. Don’t delay; order your cakes today! Please contact Keitrice Johnson with any questions, and submit your order here.
2. The Weston METCO Fruit Sale is Back! Everyone’s favorite fundraiser has returned. 100% of the proceeds raised go to help support Weston High School METCO Student Activities. In the past we have been able to assist with field trip and AP exam fees as well as host special METCO student celebrations and community building events! We would love to expand our effort and include supporting our Global Student Travel Fund, which offers scholarships to assist METCO Students participation in educational travel opportunities. Your orders will help to make this possible! For your convenience, we are accepting orders online! We will begin accepting orders on Monday, October 17. Just click the following link to log on to our group fruit sale website: http://freshfruitorderorg/WestonMetcoFruit
The deadline for ordering fruit with a credit card online is November 20. If you would like to pay by cash or check, please contact Nancy Fournier at 781-786-5851 or email@example.com. Thank you for your support!
3. WEEFC Fall Fundraiser – The Numbers Are In! Thank you to everyone who participated in our community celebration, whether in-person or remotely. More than $100,000 was raised, and that money is already at work for our students. Just last week, WEEFC approved $25,000 in grants submitted by teachers and administrators, sending it right back into our schools. Didn’t spend what you intended? Good news: There’s still time to make a donation. Don’t forget to follow WEEFC on Instagram @weefcweston for updates and information on future WEEFC-funded enrichment programming.
4. Join the Weston PTO Performing Artists and Authors Committee! This committee arranges for professional performing artists and authors to present to the students in the Weston Public Schools. Programs are funded through WEEFC grants and the Weston PTO. Parent volunteers collaborate with teachers and administrators to select performing artists and authors that support and enhance curriculum, as well as providing enriching experiences for our students. Details below. For inquiries and more information, please contact Committee Chair Heidi Estrada at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. After School Book Clubs at the Library: Did you know that the library is currently offering three new After School Book Clubs? Meet us at the library after school! Enjoy drawing, coloring or quiet games while listening to the librarian read a chapter book, read in weekly installments. Talk about your favorite books. No electronics, please! Programs have already begun and run through the week of December 12th. Field School Students will walk across the parking lot to the library. Country and Woodland students can take Bus #4 . Pickup is promptly at 3:15.
The schedule is as follows:
- Tuesdays: Grades 2 & 3
- Thursdays: Grades 1 & 2
- Fridays: Grades 3 & 4
Registration required! Registration is for the whole series. To register, visit the Library online at WestonLibrary.org. Click on the calendar link, and follow it to the program.
6. Weston High School Annual Pumpkin Festival: The Weston High School Pumpkin Festival Committee would like to cordially invite you and your families to attend the annual WHS Pumpkin Festival on Saturday, October 22, from 11-3pm on the Weston Town Green (rain date is Sunday, October 23). All proceeds will benefit Camp Sunshine, a camp for young people dealing with terminal illnesses. We are planning a wonderful day of Halloween and fall themed activities, including pumpkin carving, food sales and a silent auction. Children can expect to participate in a variety of activities including arts and crafts, wish cards, games and face painting. If you are unable to attend this event and still want to support our students in their efforts to raise money for Camp Sunshine, please consider donating to our JustGiving page. Thanks for your support!
7. Visit Weston High School’s “Haunted Hospital!” Walk through the hallways of Weston High School’s “Haunted Hospital” on Saturday, October 29 from 6-8pm at WHS…if you dare! Cost is $13 per person or $40 for a family. Pay in advance with MySchoolBucks or pay at the door with cash, check, or credit card. The Haunted Hospital is hosted by the WHS Class of 2025. Bring everyone in your family; there will be amusements and fun for every age! Check out the Haunted Hospital and graveyard; baby and child-friendly spaces with games for all ages; selfie props; spooky treats for sale; taco stand; and Chick-fil-A. Support the Class of 2025! Visit the event website.
8. Important Dates:
- Saturday, October 22: Pumpkin Festival | 11:00am-3:00pm | Weston Town Green
- Wednesday, October 26: Early Dismissal | 11:30am
- Thursday, October 27: Science/Social Studies Curriculum Forum | 8:30-9:30am | Field School
- Friday, October 28: K-5 Trunk or Treat | Field School Parking Lot | 4:30-6:00pm
- Saturday, October 29: Weston High School’s “Haunted Hospital” | 6:00-8:00pm | Weston High School
- Wednesday, November 2nd: Responsive Home Workshop | 9:00-10:30am | Case House Large Conference Room
- Wednesday, November 2: Early Dismissal | 11:30am
- Thursday, November 10: Intervention/Title I Curriculum Forum | 8:30-9:30am | Country School
- Friday, November 11: No School | Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 17: Principal’s Coffee | 9:00am | Field School Cafeteria (more info forthcoming)
- Tuesday, November 22: Field School Picture Retake Day
- Wednesday, November 23: Early Dismissal | 11:00am
- Thursday, November 24 – Friday, November 25: No School | Thanksgiving Holiday Break
- Thursday, December 1: Reading, Fundations, & Heggerty Curriculum Forum | 8:30-9:30am | Field School
- Thursday, December 8: Tech & Libraries Curriculum Forum | 8:30-9:30am | Field School
- Thursday, December 15: Writing Curriculum Forum | 8:30-9:30am | Country School
9. Trunk or Treat: Join us on Friday, October 28 from 4:30-6pm in the Field School parking lot. This event is open to PreK-5 students from all three elementary schools and their families. Parents, please note that this is not a drop-off event and that all children need to be accompanied by an adult. It is our goal to make this event safe, inclusive, and fun for all of our families. Only NUT FREE food items will be allowed. Trunk or Treat relies on the help of volunteers so we encourage you to sign up if you are able to do so! This is a really fun way to get your whole family involved, or you might consider partnering with a friend. Please see the email sent out by your Room Parents for more information, or you can click to access the Event Flyers and Trunk or Treat Reference Sheet. You can also access the event sign-up here.
10. Trick or Treat for UNICEF: A Weston Elementary tradition is collecting money on Halloween for UNICEF. Like last year, UNICEF is not providing the orange collection boxes for children to take door-to-door. However, Weston students can still Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF! Donations can be made quickly and easily by clicking here between now and November 2 to contribute to our Weston Elementary Schools fundraising page. Your donation will help UNICEF deliver health care and immunizations, safe water and sanitation, nutrition, education and emergency relief to millions of children around the world. Please reach out to Stacy Gilman at email@example.com with any questions.
11. METCO Family and Friends Dismissal Notepad Fundraiser: The Dismissal Notepad Fundraiser is back! Proceeds from this fundraiser benefit the Weston METCO Family Friends program. These handy notepads can be used year after year! The deadline for ordering is this Friday, October 21. One order includes 4 (50 sheets per pad) notepads. You can place your order using the following form: METCO Dismissal pads. For questions, please contact Nancy Fournier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Elementary Curriculum Forum Series: The next Curriculum Forum will focus on science and social studies and will take place on Thursday, October 27 at 8:30am here at Field School. You can click here for more information.
13. Responsive Home Workshop: Amy Kelly, Director of Equity and Professional Learning for the Weston Public Schools, will be offering a Responsive Home Workshop for parents and caregivers on Wednesday, November 2 from 9:00-10:30am in the Case House Large Conference Room (89 Wellesley Street). This workshop will provide families with research-based strategies for supporting your child’s social emotional needs.