Dear Field School families,
We hope you had a great weekend! Thank you so much to all who purchased Field School and/or Weston swag from our school spirit store over the past couple of weeks. Your purchase directly supports the fifth grade’s Celebration Day in June so we are grateful to you! It’s a busy time of year, with an early release on Wednesday, so please see the following new announcements (in bold), along with a few reminders:
- Hot Lunch Is Back!
- Fifth Grade Holiday Fundraiser
- Check the Lost & Found!
- Important Dates
- Weston Police & Weston Fire Departments’ Toys for Tots Event
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions. Have a wonderful week.
Laura Wilson & Taylor McIntire
Field School PTO Co-Chairs
1. Hot Lunch Is Back! As Dr. Green mentioned in his email this week, tomorrow is an exciting day for our Field Schoolers: hot lunch is back in the Field School cafeteria! Going forward, there will be a hot lunch with multiple vegetable/fruit/grain choices that students can select when they have lunch. This also means that families will no longer need to sign up for lunch in advance. This year, lunch will continue to be free for all students, and there is a menu posted on the school website here. If students do not like the hot lunch item on a given day, they will always be able to select a salad, sunbutter sandwich, ham croissant, or bagel with cream cheese instead.
Students who decide to get a cafeteria lunch will make their selections and enter their code (their Chromebook passwords) into the cash register. It is important to note that students can buy a second lunch or additional food items (e.g., extra milk, cheese sticks, yogurts) using cash, check, or online MySchoolBucks. To add money to your child’s account, please click here. You can email Field School’s Head Cook/Manager, Peggy Paronian, if you would like your child to be able to purchase additional items beyond a daily free lunch. Please reach out to Dr. Green with any questions.
2. Fifth Grade Holiday Fundraiser: Are you planning on ordering holiday cards, personalized calendars or photo books over the next month? If you are, please think about ordering from Mixbook. You’ll save money and with every order placed, Field School will get a portion of the sale to help support 5th Grade Celebration Day. Use our exclusive code MHSFFIELDJL to save 50% on your order. This code expires on 12/31/2022. Thank you for your support!
3. The Lost & Found is full! The Field School Lost and Found is overflowing with jackets, hoodies, lunchboxes, water bottles–you name it! Please encourage your Field Schooler to take a look if they are missing a personal item. Parents can also stop by to take a look during school hours; the Lost and Found is located in the main lobby of the school, and you can ring the bell at the front door and let Mrs. Bergin or Ms. Bullock know that you are there to look in the lost and found. Please note that all items not claimed by December 23 will be donated to Cradles to Crayons.
4. Important Dates: Please note that this week’s events are in bold below.
- Wednesday, December 7: Early Release Day | 11:30 am
- Thursday, December 8: Tech & Libraries Curriculum Forum | 8:30-9:30 am | Field School
- Wednesday, December 14: Field School Winter Concerts | 8:45 am (Grade 4) & 10:15 am (Grade 5)
- Thursday, December 15: Writing Curriculum Forum | 8:30-9:30 am | Country School
- Thursday, December 15: Field School Faculty & Staff Cookie Exchange | More details forthcoming!
- Friday, December 23: Early Release Day | 11:00 am
- Monday, December 26 – Monday, January 2: No School | Winter Break
- Thursday, January 26: Elementary Global Diversity Fair | 5:00-7:00 pm | Field School
5. Weston Police & Weston Fire Departments’ Toys for Tots Event: Interested in attending a community event for a great cause? Join the Weston Police and Weston Fire Departments to “Skate with Santa,” a fundraiser benefiting Toys for Tots. This event will be held on Saturday, December 10 from 5:00-7:00 pm at Rivers School Ice Arena in Weston. Please bring one unwrapped toy per person to skate with Santa.