Dear Field School families,
We hope you had a great weekend! It’s a very busy and exciting week at Field School, with our Winter Concerts on Wednesday and our Cookie Exchange on Thursday! Please note that the Writing Curriculum Forum that was originally scheduled for this Thursday, December 15 has been postponed to Thursday, January 12, 2023. Please see the following new announcements (in bold), along with a few reminders:
- Global Diversity Fair: Informational Zoom Tomorrow (Monday) at 8:30am
- Faculty & Staff Cookie Exchange – This Week!
- Important Dates
- Fifth Grade Holiday Fundraiser
- Check the Lost & Found!
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions. Have a wonderful week.
Best, Laura Wilson & Taylor McIntire Field School PTO Co-Chairs
1. Global Diversity Fair: You should have received an email from us last week regarding the exciting return of the Elementary Global Diversity Fair on Thursday, January 26, 2023 from 5:00-7:00 pm. The Global Diversity Fair will feature booths and performances that represent a culture, country or region. This event relies on the diverse experiences and backgrounds of our WPS community, and the booths are the heart of our Global Diversity Fair! We are seeking members of the Field, Country and Woodland School communities to volunteer to host booths and/or perform or coordinate a performance. Please sign up via our Sign Up Genius HERE. You might also consider partnering with other members of the various school communities with whom you share a culture to host a booth together.Please reach out to us and Event Chair, Catalina Salebe, at email@example.com with questions.
2. Our Faculty and Staff Cookie Exchange is this week! Thank you to those who have signed up to make or buy a festive treat, or have contributed via Venmo. For those interested in contributing who have not yet had the chance to do so, you can sign up HERE. Thank you in advance for your help with this favorite tradition! Please reach out to Laura or Taylor with any questions.
3. Important Dates: Please note that this week’s events are in bold below.
- Wednesday, December 14: Field School Winter Concerts | 8:45 am (Grade 4) & 10:15 am (Grade 5)
- Thursday, December 15: Field School Faculty & Staff Cookie Exchange
- Friday, December 23: Early Release Day | 11:00 am
- Monday, December 26 – Monday, January 2: No School | Winter Break
- Thursday, January 12: Writing Curriculum Forum | 8:30-9:30 am | Country School
- Thursday, January 26: Elementary Global Diversity Fair | 5:00-7:00 pm | Field School
4. Fifth Grade Holiday Fundraiser: Are you planning on ordering holiday cards, personalized calendars or photo books over the next month? If you are, please think about ordering from Mixbook. You’ll save money and with every order placed, Field School will get a portion of the sale to help support 5th Grade Celebration Day. Use our exclusive code MHSFFIELDJL to save 50% on your order. This code expires on 12/31/2022.
5. The Lost & Found is full! The Field School Lost and Found is overflowing with jackets, hoodies, lunchboxes, water bottles–you name it! Please encourage your Field Schooler to take a look if they are missing a personal item. The Lost and Found will also be available for parents to look through before and after the Winter Concerts this week. It’s located in the main lobby of the school, and you can ring the bell at the front door and let Mrs. Bergin or Ms. Bullock know that you are there to look in the lost and found. Please note that all items not claimed by December 23 will be donated to Cradles to Crayons.