Dear Field School families,
We hope you had a great weekend after a fun but busy week at Field School. It was wonderful to see so many of you at last week’s Winter Concerts on Wednesday, and we can’t thank you enough for your support of our Cookie Exchange on Thursday. We have received countless emails from teachers expressing their appreciation to the Field School families for putting together a special event during a time when it was needed most. It turns out that delicious cookies are just as magical as Field Fox community spirit so thank you for donating your time, baking skills, and monetary support to make it all happen. We couldn’t do it without you.
We also want to extend a special thanks to the Room Parents in each class, who are working tirelessly behind the scenes to send out emails, support school events, and coordinate thoughtful and generous group gifts for our hard-working and incredibly deserving teachers, aides, and specialists. Room Parents have also spent time stocking the faculty and staff break room with all kinds of refreshments over the past couple of months, to help the Field School team recharge. We are so fortunate to have their support.
The countdown is on to winter break, with an early dismissal on Friday at 11:00 am. Please see the following new announcements (in bold)–including some VERY exciting information about the composting initiative beginning at Field School after the break–along with a few reminders:
- Composting Begins at Field School – Please Volunteer!
- Gift Card Drive
- Last Chance to Check the Lost & Found!
- Important Dates
- Fifth Grade Holiday Fundraiser
- Global Diversity Fair
That just about covers it for our last PTO email of 2022! Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions. We wish all our Field School families a safe and happy holiday season and a restful break. See you in the New Year!
Laura Wilson & Taylor McIntire
Field School PTO Co-Chairs
1. Composting Begins at Field School – Please Volunteer! The Weston PTO Green Team is excited to announce that Field School is beginning composting in the cafeteria in January, and we are in need of parent support for the first couple weeks while it rolls out. Ideally, a volunteer could stay for the two-hour block that spans all four student lunch periods (from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm) to ensure that we have at least 2-3 parent helpers during each of the 4 lunch blocks. Please sign-up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d44abad23a0fe3-come#/
We will have a Zoom parent training meeting on January 2 at 8:30 am for all volunteers, when we will educate you on the program and expectations. We are grateful for your support!
2. Gift Card Drive: There are numerous families in our school community who are unable to purchase the food, gifts, and other items needed for a happy holiday season. We are asking families to donate gift cards (in increments of $20 or $50) that can be given to these families. We suggest purchasing gift cards for stores/websites like Target, Walmart, or Amazon where several different types of goods (from food to presents) can be purchased. If you do buy gift cards, please drop them off at the front desk at Field School with Mrs. Bergin or Ms. Bullock. If you are a family in need, please contact Dr. Green. This information will be kept confidential. The gift cards will be distributed By Wednesday, December 21 to families so we kindly ask that all donated cards are delivered prior to this time. Thank you for helping to support our school community this holiday season!
3. The Lost and Found will be donated after Friday! This week is your last opportunity to claim any missing jackets, hoodies, lunchboxes, water bottles, etc. The Lost and Found is located in the main lobby of the school, and you can ring the bell at the front door for Mrs. Bergin and Ms. Bullock to let you in to look. Anything remaining unclaimed by this Friday, December 23 will be donated to Cradles to Crayons.
4. Important Dates: Please note that this week’s events are in bold below.
- Friday, December 23: Early Release Day | 11:00 am
- Monday, December 26 – Monday, January 2: No School | Winter Break
- Thursday, January 12: Writing Curriculum Forum | 8:30-9:30 am | Country School
- Thursday, January 26: Elementary Global Diversity Fair | 5:00-7:00 pm | Field School
5. Fifth Grade Holiday Fundraiser: Are you planning on ordering holiday cards, personalized calendars or photo books? If you are, please think about ordering from Mixbook. You’ll save money, and with every order placed, Field School will get a portion of the sale to help support 5th Grade Celebration Day. Use our exclusive code MHSFFIELDJL to save 50% on your order. This code expires on 12/31/2022.
6. Global Diversity Fair: You should have received an email from us last week regarding the exciting return of the Elementary Global Diversity Fair on Thursday, January 26, 2023 from 5:00-7:00 pm. The Global Diversity Fair will feature booths and performances that represent a culture, country or region. This event relies on the diverse experiences and backgrounds of our WPS community, and the booths are the heart of our Global Diversity Fair! We are seeking members of the Field, Country and Woodland School communities to volunteer to host booths and/or perform or coordinate a performance. Please sign up via our Sign Up Genius HERE. You might also consider partnering with other members of the various school communities with whom you share a culture to host a booth together.Please reach out to us and Event Chair, Catalina Salebe, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.