Dear Field School Families,
Happy New Year! We hope you had a healthy and relaxing break. We have included updated information below regarding this month’s Global Diversity Fair, along with important dates to add to your calendar for the month ahead:
- Global Diversity Fair
- Important Dates
We have a short week this week to ease into 2023, and we hope it’s a good one for you! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with questions at any time.
Laura Wilson & Taylor McIntire Field School PTO Co-Chairs
1. Our Global Diversity Fair is just a few weeks away! Mark your calendar for Thursday, January 26, 2023 from 5:00-7:00 pm here at Field School. The Global Diversity Fair will feature booths and performances that represent a culture, country or region. This event relies on the diverse experiences and backgrounds of our WPS community, and the booths are the heart of our Global Diversity Fair! We are seeking members of the Field, Country and Woodland School communities to volunteer to host booths and/or perform or coordinate a performance. It’s not too late to sign up via our Sign Up Genius HERE. We ask that all sign-ups are in by this Friday, January 6. You might also consider partnering with other members of the various school communities with whom you share a culture to host a booth together. Please reach out to us and Event Chair, Catalina Salebe, at email@example.com with questions. There will be a second informational Zoom on Monday, January 9 for those hosting a booth at 8:30am, where we can answer any questions you might have about participating and go over event instructions. Zoom information forthcoming!
2. Important Dates:
- Monday, January 9: Global Diversity Fair Informational Zoom | 8:30 am
- Thursday, January 12: Writing Curriculum Forum | 8:30-9:30 am | Country School
- Friday, January 13: No School | Teacher In-Service Day
- Monday, January 16: No School | Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Thursday, January 26: Elementary Global Diversity Fair | 5:00-7:00 pm | Field School
- Wednesday, February 1: Early Release Day | 11:30 am