Dear Field School families,
Please see the following announcements (in bold below), along with a few reminders and important dates for your calendar:
- Fifth Grade Parent Coffee
- Important Dates
- Global Diversity Fair
- Lost & Found – Last Week to Claim Items!
- Elementary Coding Night – Volunteer Opportunities Available
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions. Have a wonderful week!
Best,Laura Wilson & Taylor McIntire Field School PTO Co-Chairs
1. Fifth Grade Parent Coffee: Dr. Green will be hosting a coffee for fifth grade parents/guardians on Thursday, February 2 at 9:00 am in person in the Field School Cafeteria. The focus will be the upcoming health/puberty unit and the world language choices available at Weston Middle School.
2. Important Dates:
- Thursday, January 26: Elementary Global Diversity Fair | 5:00-7:00 pm | Field School
- Wednesday, February 1: Early Release Day | 11:30 am
- Thursday, February 2: Fifth Grade Parent Coffee | 9:00 am | Field School Cafeteria
- Thursday, February 9: Elementary Coding Night | 5:30-7:30 pm | Woodland School Cafeteria & Gym
- Monday, February 20 – Friday, February 24: No School | February Break
3. Global Diversity Fair: We look forward to welcoming our elementary families to the Global Diversity Fair next Thursday, January 26 from 5:00-7:00 pm in the Field School Gym and Cafeteria. The event will be an open house style, and siblings are welcome. Come learn more and celebrate the global diversity represented within the Field, Country, and Woodland School communities; sample delicious foods, participate in engaging activities and demonstrations, and even bring home a souvenir of your world journey! Please reach out to us and Event Chair, Catalina Salebe, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. We hope to see you there!
4. Lost and Found: This is the last week to check the Lost and Found for missing belongings! We encourage you to please click HERE to see photos if your student is missing something. All remaining unclaimed items will be donated to Cradles to Crayons this Monday, January 23 as part of the WCCA’s annual drive to support the organization.
5. Elementary Coding Night: The Weston PTO STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Math) Council will be hosting a Coding Night for elementary school families in the Woodland Cafeteria and Gym on Thursday, February 9 from 5:30-7:30 PM. Earn prizes by completing various coding games and challenges! No coding experience necessary. Children are required to be accompanied by an adult. More details to come as the date approaches.
The PTO STEM Council is looking for volunteers to help set-up/break-down the event and facilitate moving children through the various activity tables. Volunteer roles will vary from “no coding experience” to “some coding experience” required. Please sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0F4BA8AB2DAAFB6-stem if interested or email Alison King email@example.com, Mark McKnight firstname.lastname@example.org, BJ Grattan email@example.com, or Stephanie Mazitschek firstname.lastname@example.org.