Dear Field School families,
This week, we hope you will join us for the Global Diversity Fair on Thursday (January 26) from 5:00-7:00 pm here at Field School! We are grateful to all of the families who have volunteered their time to help with this event, and we hope you can make it at some point during the evening to learn about the rich cultural diversity of our school community. Please see the following announcements for more information, along with a few reminders and important dates for your calendar:
- Global Diversity Fair – This Thursday!
- Nominations for 2023-2024 PTO Board
- Important Dates
- Fifth Grade Parent Coffee
- Elementary Coding Night – Volunteer Opportunities Available
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions. Have a wonderful week!
Best, Laura Wilson & Taylor McIntire Field School PTO Co-Chairs
1. Join us for the Global Diversity Fair this Thursday! Sample delicious foods, enjoy performances, participate in engaging activities and demonstrations, and even bring home a souvenir of your world journey! The event will be an open house style from 5:00-7:00 pm in the Field School Gym and Cafeteria, and siblings are welcome. Come learn more and celebrate the global diversity represented within the Field, Country, and Woodland School communities. Please reach out to us and Event Chair, Catalina Salebe, at email@example.com with questions. We hope to see you there!
2. Nominations for 2023-2024 Weston PTO Board: Are you looking to get more involved in the schools and the community? The Nominating Committee for the Weston PTO Board is accepting nominations for open positions for the 2023-2024 PTO Board. Open positions include:
- Vice President
- Co-Chairs at Woodland, Country, Field, Middle School and High School
- Community Outreach
- Performing Artists & Authors Committee
- STEM Committee
- Family Engagement
- Parent Education
- Green Team
For a list of positions and descriptions, please click here. If you are interested in serving on the Board or know someone who might be and would like to nominate him/her, please email Nancy Trodden, firstname.lastname@example.org, Nominating Committee Chair. Please feel free to reach out to anyone on the board to learn more about all the fun we have and the many ways the PTO supports our kids, our schools, and our community. All nominations are due to the Nominating Committee by February 17, 2023. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
3. Important Dates:
- Thursday, January 26: Elementary Global Diversity Fair | 5:00-7:00 pm | Field School
- Wednesday, February 1: Early Release Day | 11:30 am
- Thursday, February 2: Fifth Grade Parent Coffee | 9:00 am | Field School Cafeteria
- Thursday, February 9: Elementary Coding Night | 5:30-7:30 pm | Woodland School Cafeteria & Gym
- Monday, February 20 – Friday, February 24: No School | February Break
4. Fifth Grade Parent Coffee: Dr. Green will be hosting a coffee for fifth-grade parents/guardians on Thursday, February 2, at 9:00 am in person in the Field School Cafeteria. The focus will be the upcoming health/puberty unit and the world language choices available at Weston Middle School. Interested fourth-grade parents are welcome to attend as well!
5. Elementary Coding Night: The Weston PTO STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Math) Council will host a Coding Night for elementary school families in the Woodland Cafeteria and Gym on Thursday, February 9, from 5:30-7:30 PM. Earn prizes by completing various coding games and challenges! No coding experience necessary. Children are required to be accompanied by an adult. More details to come as the date approaches.
The PTO STEM Council is looking for volunteers to help set-up/break-down the event and facilitate moving children through the various activity tables. Volunteer roles will vary from “no coding experience” to “some coding experience” required. Please sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0F4BA8AB2DAAFB6-stem if interested or email Alison King email@example.com, Mark McKnight firstname.lastname@example.org, BJ Grattan email@example.com, or Stephanie Mazitschek firstname.lastname@example.org.