Dear Field School families,
There’s a lot happening in the WPS community right now so we encourage you to please read the following announcements for this week, along with a reminder about openings for next school year on the Weston PTO Board:
- Elementary Coding Night – Thursday!
- Field School Art Show – Save the Date!
- Composting at Field School
- Support WEEFC & Win A Visit From the Kona Ice Truck!
- BWMPO John Hudson Memorial Scholarship Fundraiser
- WHS Class of 2024 Krispy Kreme Fundraiser
- Important Dates
- Nominations for 2023-2024 PTO Board
Don’t miss the opportunity to help Field School win a visit from the Kona Ice Truck by contributing to WEEFC’s Show Your Love fundraising campaign in support of Weston Public Schools! Details are below. Remember: every gift counts, regardless of size. Let’s go, Field School! #wearethefoxes
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions. Have a wonderful week.
Laura Wilson & Taylor McIntire Field School PTO Co-Chairs
1. Elementary Coding Night is this Thursday! The Weston PTO STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Math) Council is hosting a Coding Night for elementary school families in the Woodland Cafeteria and Gym this Thursday, February 9, from 5:30-7:30 pm. Earn prizes by completing various coding games and challenges! No coding experience necessary. Children are required to be accompanied by an adult. Most activities require a personal or school issued device. Students in Grades 2-5 have the option to bring home their classroom Chromebook if they have submitted the WPS User Agreement. Students in Grades K-1 can bring a personal laptop, Chromebook, or iPad or just participate in the analog stations. Please reach out with questions to BJ Grattan.
2. Field School Art Show: Save the date for the Field School Art Show, which will take place on Wednesday, March 1 from 5:30-7:30 pm at Field School. An email will be coming out from Mr. Ginga this week, and there will be opportunities for interested parents to volunteer as well.
3. Composting at Field School: Composting is coming to Field School on March 6th! Join other parent volunteers in the cafeteria at Field School to help launch this incredibly exciting project. Sign up by clicking here. Students in the Green Club are developing signage and assisting with the roll-out. The Weston PTO Green Team wishes to thank student leaders, teachers, administration, custodial staff, food services, parent volunteers and the town of Weston for bringing composting to Field School. It has been a truly remarkable effort! Remember: if you are a Weston resident, you can recycle and compost at the Transfer Station.
4. Show Your Love for Weston Public Schools! WEEFC funds make it possible for our schools to access innovative resources that elevate our children’s learning experience at an average historical rate of $100 per student. Our Show Your Love fundraising campaign is underway, and every gift counts—regardless of size. Our year-long goal is to engage 100% of WPS families, and to sweeten the deal, we’ll be tracking donors by school through February 28. The school with the largest percentage of participation will win a visit from the Kona Ice Truck. So share the love, and get giving by clicking here!
5. BWMPO John Hudson Memorial Scholarship Fundraiser: The BWMPO (Boston Weston METCO Parents Organization), in collaboration with HS Academic Liaison, Tanaja Jordan, cordially invites you to our virtual John Hudson Memorial Scholarship fundraiser. Mark your calendar for Saturday, February 11 at 2:00 pm, submit your payment via Venmo @BWMPO1, and register via the flyer.
This year’s presentation will feature METCO high school students and is entitled “Reflections of METCO Students: High School Student Perspectives.” The conversation promises to be informative and engaging. We urge you to be a part of the discussion and to continue it well beyond this event. Tickets are $30 per household. Payment via Venmo @BWMPO1. Reserve your “seat” today by clicking “register” on the flyer! Advance registration is required. You don’t want to miss this event! For questions, please contact Keitrice Johnson at email@example.com or our treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking forward to seeing your face and hearing your voice!
6. WHS Class of 2024 Krispy Kreme Fundraiser: The Weston High School Class of 2024 Krispy Kreme fundraiser is back! Help support the Class of 2024 by buying a box of Krispy Kreme donuts! All donuts will be the original glazed flavor, and each box of a dozen donuts is $12. There is no limit to how many each person can order. Pick-up will be at Weston High School’s main entrance on Monday, March 6 from 3:15-5:00 pm. The order form will close on Monday, February 27, so get your orders in soon by clicking here! Thank you for your support.
7. Important Dates: Please note that this week’s events are in bold below.
- Thursday, February 9: Elementary Coding Night | 5:30-7:30 pm | Woodland School Cafeteria & Gym
- Saturday, February 11: Virtual John Hudson Memorial Scholarship Fundraiser | 2:00 pm | Register In Advance
- Monday, February 20 – Friday, February 24: No School | February Break
- Wednesday, March 1: Field School Art Show | 5:30-7:30 pm
8. Nominations for 2023-2024 Weston PTO Board: Are you looking to get more involved in the schools and the community? The Nominating Committee for the Weston PTO Board is accepting nominations for open positions for the 2023-2024 PTO Board. Open positions include:
- Vice President
- Co-Chairs at Woodland, Country, Field, Middle School and High School
- Community Outreach
- Performing Artists & Authors Committee
- STEM Committee
- Family Engagement
- Parent Education
- Green Team
For a list of positions and descriptions, please click here. If you are interested in serving on the Board or know someone who might be and would like to nominate him/her, please email Nancy Trodden, email@example.com, Nominating Committee Chair. Please feel free to reach out to anyone on the board to learn more about all the fun we have and the many ways the PTO supports our kids, our schools, and our community. All nominations are due to the Nominating Committee by February 17, 2023. We look forward to hearing from you soon.