Dear Field School families,
We hope you had a happy and relaxing break! We are moving into a busy time of the year and have a lot of information to share so we encourage you to read the following announcements (in bold) and a few reminders. Fifth grade families, don’t forget to submit your student’s yearbook photos by tomorrow (details below)!
You may have already seen Dr. Green’s video today on the WEEFC Instagram page, where he highlights the important work that our students are doing in the Field School Innovation Center. Donations to WEEFC helped bring this incredible learning center to life, and WEEFC is currently working to fund an exciting Robotics and Engineering Lab grant for the middle and high school. Our fourth and fifth graders have already demonstrated their interest in and passion for this kind of work, and with middle school on the horizon, this grant becomes especially meaningful. We hope you will consider donating to WEEFC’s February fundraising campaign (details below). Every gift counts, regardless of size, and a generous donor is matching all donations up to $50,000 so your donation is immediately doubled–but only until Tuesday! WEEFC is tracking donations made this month by school; the school with the largest participation percentage will win a visit from the Kona Ice Truck, and Field School is currently in the lead! Just two more days remain so let’s keep up the good work. We can do this, Field School! #wearethefoxes
- Fifth Grade Yearbook Photos – Due Tomorrow (Monday)
- The Field School Art Show is this Wednesday! Volunteers Needed
- WEEFC: Last Chance to Donate
- Important Dates
- Composting at Field School
- BWMPO Fundraiser – METCO Matters Apparel
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions. We look forward to seeing you at the art show on Wednesday!
Laura Wilson & Taylor McIntire
Field School PTO Co-Chairs
1. Fifth Grade Yearbook Photos – Due Monday: Don’t forget, tomorrow (Monday) is the deadline to submit photos for the fifth grade yearbook! Please use the following link to access the Google Form, which also includes more details on the photos to provide and how to name your photos for organizational purposes: 5th Grade Photo and Video Form
Please note that information on purchasing a yearbook will be sent as we get closer to spring. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us or Jen Clark, Yearbook Chair, at email@example.com. Thank you again in advance for all of your help gathering these special memories for our fifth grade Field foxes!
2. The Field School Art Show is this Wednesday, March 1 from 5:30-7:30 pm in the Field School lobby, cafeteria, and gym. Each student will have at least four artworks on display, totaling over 1,000 pieces! There will also be music, art activities, and a PTO refreshment table where you can purchase snacks. We are in need of parent volunteers! If you are able to help Mr. Ginga set up the show or to provide assistance during the show, please sign up here.
In addition to the show, Mr. Ginga has partnered with WEEFC (Weston Education Enrichment Foundation Committee) for an amazing fundraiser, where you can have your student’s artwork framed for you! For those who attended the show last year, this year will work slightly differently: you will be able to choose any of your student’s 2D artworks to be framed (in white or black frames with a 2″ white matte included). You can have as many pieces framed as you would like! The cost to you will be $30 per piece. If you’re unable to attend the show but wish to frame your student’s artwork, you will still have the opportunity to do so after the show. Your purchase supports enrichment programming at all five Weston Public Schools. If you wish to have the artwork framed but are concerned about the cost, please reach out to Mr. Ginga or Dr. Green, and they will be happy to assist you.
3. WEEFC: Last Chance to Donate! WEEFC funds make it possible for our schools to access innovative resources that elevate our children’s learning experience, including an exciting grant for a new Robotics and Engineering Lab (REL) for middle and high school students. Our year-long goal is to engage 100% of WPS families, and a generous donor has offered to match all donations up to $50,000 between now and Tuesday. Donations can be made here by Venmo, MySchoolBucks, and check, and we’ll be tracking participation by school. The school with the largest percentage of participation will win a visit from the Kona Ice Truck! As of right now, here’s how the schools stack up:
- CS 30%
- WS 33%
- FS 35% – Go Field School! Keep up the good work in support of our schools!
- WMS 27%
- WHS 17%
4. Important Dates: Please note that this week’s events are in bold below.
- Monday, February 27 : Fifth Grade Yearbook Photos Due
- Wednesday, March 1: Early Dismissal | 11:30 am
- Wednesday, March 1: Field School Art Show | 5:30-7:30 pm
- Tuesday, March 7: String Fling (Grades 3-12 Orchestra) | Weston High School Gym | 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 8: Band Fest (Grades 4-12 Band) | Weston High School Gym | 7:00 pm
- Friday, March 10 | No School | Teacher In-Service Day
- Wednesday, March 15 | Spring Sing (Grades 3-12 Chorus) | Weston High School Gym | 7:00 pm
6. Composting at Field School: Composting is coming to Field School next week, on March 6th! Join other parent volunteers in the cafeteria at Field School to help launch this incredibly exciting project. Sign up by clicking here. Students in the Green Club are developing signage and assisting with the roll-out. The Weston PTO Green Team wishes to thank student leaders, teachers, administration, custodial staff, food services, parent volunteers and the town of Weston for bringing composting to Field School. It has been a truly remarkable effort! Remember: if you are a Weston resident, you can recycle and compost at the Transfer Station.
7. BWMPO Fundraiser – METCO Matters Apparel: Support the Boston Weston METCO Parent Organization by showing your pride for METCO and its importance to the Weston community. The BWMPO has partnered with a black-owned business with Boston roots to design exclusive apparel for our cause. Click here to shop! For every METCO Matters item purchased, $5 will be donated to the John Hudson Memorial Scholarship Fund.