Dear Field School Families,
We hope you had a nice weekend! This is it: the last week of school!
Before jumping into this week’s announcements, we wish to thank the fantastic group of Room Parents, who have worked tirelessly to connect our school families and support their classroom teachers this year. We are deeply grateful to them for taking on this important job. If you are interested in being a Room Parent next year, please reach out to Taylor McIntire.
I would also like to extend a special thank you to Taylor McIntire, who has been the very best PTO partner this year. Taylor’s creativity, organization, and dedication to our school community are unmatched; she has made this year both meaningful and so much fun, and I am going to miss collaborating with her in this role! However, Field School is fortunate to welcome the wonderful Katie Daunis as PTO Co-Chair this fall. Katie has been very involved in the schools and greater Weston community, and the Field School families will be in great hands with Taylor and Katie working together.
It’s been a great year, and Taylor and I appreciate the support of all our Field School families. We can’t say it enough: we think you are PAWsome!
We have included this week’s announcements (in bold below), along with the last batch of important dates and a few reminders:
- NEW Magnets & Stickers!
- Fourth Grade Songs of America Concert – Wednesday
- Fifth Grade Celebration Day – Wednesday
- Lost & Found – Last Chance to Claim Items!
- Important Dates
- Join or Renew Your PTO Membership
- WEEFC Fall Fundraiser – Save the Date
That’s all for our announcements for this school year–and many thanks to the wonderful Jane Shay who has posted our weekly announcements to the Field School website all year long!
We look forward to seeing many of you at this week’s special events. Wishing all our Field School families a great last week of school and a happy and relaxing summer break.
Laura Wilson & Taylor McIntire
Field School PTO Co-Chairs
1. NEW Magnets & Stickers: Show your Field School and Weston pride with new magnets and stickers! Click here to fill out the form to indicate which items you wish to purchase and how you want to pay. We will follow up via email to confirm your order/payment, and coordinate pickup/delivery. This is open to all Weston families, not just Field School, so feel free to share the order form with your friends and neighbors. Please contact Taylor McIntire with any questions.
2. Fourth Grade Songs of America Concert: The fourth grade Songs of America Concert is this Wednesday, June 14 at 9:00 a.m. in the Field School Gym. All fourth grade parents/caregivers are invited to attend, and students should feel free to wear clothing/outfits that represent their culture, heritage, and/or identity if they would like to do so. Please note that there are multiple elementary school events happening on Case Campus during that time so parking will be more challenging than usual. Please consider parking in the Country School lot, as well as up by the Rec Center and over at the library if you can’t find a space.
3. Fifth Grade Celebration Day: If you are the parent/caregiver of a fifth grade student, please be on the lookout for an email with Celebration Day key information and a packing checklist from Celebration Day Chair, Irene Vance, tomorrow (Monday).
4. Lost & Found: We encourage you to stop by and look through the Lost and Found, located in the main lobby, this week. Any items that remain unclaimed by the end of the school day on Thursday, June 15th will be donated.
5. Important Dates:
Monday, June 12: School Committee Meeting | 6:30 p.m. via Zoom
Wednesday, June 14: Grade 4 Songs of America Concert | 9:00-10:00 a.m. | Field School Gym
Wednesday, June 14: Fifth Grade Celebration Day (Rain date is Thursday, June 15.)
Thursday, June 15: Last Day to Claim Lost & Found Items | Items unclaimed by the end of the day will be donated.
Friday, June 16: Grade 5 Clap Out | 10:00 a.m. – Note updated time!
Friday, June 16: Last Day of School | Dismissal at 11:00 a.m.
Saturday, September 30: WEEFC Fall Fundraiser
6. Join or Renew Your PTO Membership: We encourage you to join or renew your Weston PTO membership for the upcoming 2023-2024 school year. The Weston PTO is an all-volunteer, parent-run, non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the education of our children and fostering community within our schools. The annual membership fee is $75 per family, and your membership dues support the many ways the PTO engages with our community. If you have any questions, please contact Allison King and Theresa Nibi, Membership Chairs, at email@example.com. Thank you for your support!
7. Save the Date for the WEEFC Fall Fundraiser – September 30! Mark your calendars for Saturday, September 30! The WEEFC Fall Fundraiser will be returning to the Field School field. There will be food trucks, great company, music, and an auction–all to benefit the Weston Public Schools. A ticket presale with early bird pricing will be coming in mid-August. Keep an eye on the WEEFC Instagram page for more information!