Frequently Asked Questions

For Parents:
For Community Members:
If you find your question is not answered here, feel free to ask your question on our District Feedback Form.   
What do I do if my child has not come home as expected?
Call immediately:
  • Your child’s school
  • Transportation Office                    781-786-5280
  • Business Office                            781-786-5230
  • Police                                             911
  • METCO parents should call METCO, Inc            617-427-1545
What's for lunch?
Click here for the menu postings.
What bus does my child take?
Click here for bus routes.
What do I do if my child is going to be absent or late?
Call the absence lines and provide your child’s name, grade, reasons for absence or tardiness and days expected to be absent or tardy:


extension 1: High School

extension 2: Middle School

extension 3: Field School

extension 4: Country

extension 5: Woodland

How do I find out if school is canceled or delayed?
DO NOT call the Transportation Office, schools or the Weston Police, Fire or Highway departments.  When driving conditions are unsafe, there will be either a "No School" or a "Two Hour Delayed Opening" announcement.  When the "Two Hour Delayed Opening" is in effect, morning bus pickups and the start of classes will be postponed two hours.  Meals, afternoon dismissals and all other school activities will take place at their regularly scheduled times.  If there is no school, announcements are
  • 1)  posted on this website
  • 2)  recorded on the Superintendent's office line (781-786-5210)
  • 3)  reported on television channels 4,5,7,FOX 25WFXT; and radio stations, WBZ AM1030 and WRKO-AM 680. 
 DO NOT SEND CHILDREN TO SCHOOL EARLY ON A TWO HOUR DELAYED OPENING.  The schoolyards and roadways may not be cleared, nor will staff be responsible for supervision of early arrivals.  For more information, click here to read the Superintendent's Inclement Weather Procedures.
How do I visit a school?
Principals are happy to arrange for you to visit their school. Call the main office number listed on the Home Page and make an appointment. 
How do I register my child for school?
During the school year, call the administrative assistants in grades K-8.  (For students entering grades K-3, call either Country or Woodland School office.  Students are not assigned to schools by geographic locations but will be assigned upon registration.  School assignment is determined by class size and other factors, with siblings attending the same school.)  . For students entering grades 9-12, call the Guidance Department at the High School to register your child as a student.
  • Country School: 781-786-5400 (Grades K-3)
  • Woodland School: 781-786-5300 (Grades K-3)
  • Field School: 781-786-5500 (Grades 4-5)
  • Middle School: 781-786-5600 (Grades 6-8)
  • High School Guidance Department: 781-786-5820 (Grades 9-12)

During the summer, school registration is centralized and is done by appointment.  Click here for summer registration procedures.

How do I rent the use of school facilities?
Call the Business Office 781-786-5230.  Forms can be printed out from the Administrative Forms list at the left.
How do I sign up for myGrapevine?
Click on the Sign up for myGrapevine button in the menu bar the bottom of this page or select from the Quick Links button at the top of the page or from the Quick Links box on any homepage.
How do I obtain a work permit for my child?
Employment permits are available at the High School Guidance Department.  If your child is 14-15 years old, you must accompany them when applying for employment. Students aged 16+ may apply on their own. Students not enrolled in Weston Public Schools must furnish proof of age. Call 781-786-5820 (HS Guidance Office) for more information.
How do I send emails?
The email address protocol for any employee of the Weston Public Schools is:, for example, to reach Cheryl Maloney, Superintendent, use

How do I get news or announcements posted?

School based news should be submitted to the appropriate school.  Information pertaining to more than one school should be submitted to the district Communications Coordinator. Click here for specific instructions.


Copyright © 2017 Weston Public Schools. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Getfused