Hello Middle School Families,
I hope you all have had an enjoyable summer. Middle School Sports Are Back!!! After a year hiatus we will offer sports at the middle school beginning this fall season. Here is some information that may be helpful:
Fall Sports Offered
Boys & Girls Soccer – grades 7 & 8
Boys & Girls Cross Country – grades 7 & 8
Girls Volleyball – grades 7 & 8
Football – grades 6, 7 & 8
Field Hockey – grades 6, 7 & 8
Please Note: we will monitor the numbers for soccer, cross country and girls volleyball and if we are able to open these sports up to 6th graders we will notify families as soon as possible.
- Middle School Sports will begin on Thursday, September 9th
- ALL student-athletes must register on FamilyID (www.familyid.com) and have an up to date physical on file with the middle school nurse (physicals are good for 13 months). Note: physicals can now be uploaded within the FamilyID registration.
Schedule/Length of Season/Practices
- Our former middle school league (Bay Valley) has dissolved so we have joined a group of schools from the Bay State League. Our schedule will consist of 10-12 games for our A teams/6-8 games for our B teams and 5 XC meets.
- The Fall 2021 game schedules will begin the week of September 20th and conclude the week of October 25th.
- All practices will begin at 3:45pm and conclude by 5:15pm. This will allow for our student-athletes to catch their bus home. Late Boston bus will be at 5:30pm and late Weston bus will be at 5:30pm.
- Once the season starts, each team will have one day “off” during the week. This day may be different for each sport. Therefore, you can expect 4 days a week with a combination of practices/games or meets.
- Game/Meet Day: All student-athletes should plan accordingly should they be participating in an away contest as many times teams will not return in time for their late bus. Note: we do have a late Boston bus that departs from the high school at 6:20pm for those student-athletes that live in Boston and miss the their 5:30pm late bus. All home contests should conclude prior to 5:30pm.
- All outdoor activities will not require masks for student-athletes or spectators. Masks will be required for indoor sports such as Girls Volleyball.
As we get closer to the middle school fall season I will provide all coaches contacts, first few days of practice times and locations as well as game/meet schedules.
In the meantime, please register your student-athlete on FamilyID (Middle School Fall Athletics 2021) and reach out to me directly should you have any questions.
Enjoy the remainder of the summer!