Hello Weston Middle School Families,
I hope you have had a great summer! My name is Mike McGrath and I am the Director of Athletics for the Weston Public Schools. This email is to inform you that Middle School Fall Sports are right around the corner. Below is some important information that should be helpful. If you have a sport specific question, please reach out to me directly at 781-786-5845 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and I look forward to seeing you soon. Go Cats!
Weston Middle School Fall Sports
~ Please be sure to register on FamilyID prior to tryouts – Click Here (Be sure to upload a physical. Physicals are good for 13 months)
~ All team schedules are easily accessible on Arbiterlive – Click Here
~ Fall Sports offered at WMS/Coaches Contact Information:
- Football– Peter Dunbar (email@example.com) – grades 6th, 7th & 8th
- Boys Soccer – Matt Cedrone (firstname.lastname@example.org) – grades 6th, 7th& 8th
- Girls Soccer– Pat Kelly (email@example.com) – grades 6th, 7th & 8th
- Field Hockey– Catherine Bail & Debbie Boshart – (firstname.lastname@example.org /email@example.com) – grades 6th, 7th & 8th
- Boys & Girls Cross Country– Annie Mazer (firstname.lastname@example.org) – grades 6th, 7th & 8th
- Girls Volleyball– Chris Fraser (email@example.com ) – grades 7th & 8th
~ Tryouts/Team Practices start dates:
Football will begin on Thursday, September 7th,
XC, Soccer & Volleyball will begin on Monday, September 11th
Field Hockey on Tuesday, September 12th
~ Team Locations
- Football– report to boys locker room (first day)/Field 6
- Girls Soccer– Bus Barn Field
- Boys Soccer– Wildcat Field
- Field Hockey – Field 9
- Cross Country– Proctor Field – Track (by the rock)
- Girls Volleyball– MS Gym
~ Most practices will end by 5/5:15pm (XC tends to end by 4:20pm)
~ Middle School Fall Sports will run 4 days per week with no weekends and one day off during each week. Each coach will decide what
day during the week will be the teams’ day off. Whatever day is decided upon will stay consistent for that team throughout the season
(there may be an occasional week where a game/meet is reschedule to that teams’ day off in which case a different day will be selected for that week).
~ All student-athletes should be able to make their Boston/Weston buses after practices. Pick-up in front of Middle School.
- 4:30pm (practices that end on the earlier side) – Weston & Boston
- 5:30pm – Weston & 6:00pm for Boston (practices/home games that typically end between 5/5:15pm)
- NOTE:Please be aware that many times when a team is playing an away contest buses do not arrive back in Weston prior to late bus departure (due to a number of reasons – traffic, etc.). If your student is playing away, PLEASE make arrangements for pick-up at school should their bus not arrive in time to catch the late bus home.
- Information will be sent out on the daily email announcements should there be a game change – location, time, cancelation due to weather, etc., whenever possible(this information will also be communicated to the students through end of the day announcements).
- Should a coach need to cancel a practice for whatever reason that coach will inform theMiddle School Main Office to communicate this information.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me directly.
Michael McGrath, CAA
Director of Athletics
Weston Public Schools
Follow us on Twitter: @WestonAthletic