Dear Weston Elementary Families,
We look forward to seeing you at Trunk or Treat on Friday! Thank you to everyone who has signed up to host a trunk and/or contribute non-edible prizes to fill teal pumpkins! This year’s Trunk or Treat will take place on Friday, October 28 from 4:30-6:00pm in the Field School Parking Lot. Drop in anytime during the event or stay for the whole thing. Families who have signed up to host a trunk will receive a separate communication with instructions regarding set-up timing.
We wanted to take the opportunity to share some important information, as well as a few reminders so that you know what to expect when you arrive at Trunk or Treat on Friday:
- This event is open to PreK-5 students from Country, Woodland & Field schools and their families.
- This is not a drop-off event; all children must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Families must check in at the PTO table and receive wristbands to visit the trunks.
- Costumes are encouraged! (No weapons or full face masks; we’ll have preschoolers here too!)
- Children will walk from trunk to trunk. Each trunk will have a game or activity and distribute prizes. Don’t forget a bag to collect treats!
Check-In & Wristbands
- Families must check in to attend the event, and the PTO check-in table will be located outside the Field School main entrance. At check-in, children will receive an orange wristband to receive treats when they visit the trunks.
- A responsible adult must accompany children in order to receive a wristband. If a child approaches a trunk without a wristband, they will be directed to the check-in table.
- PTO will provide green wristbands to families who request them at check-in to denote food allergies (more below).
Pizza & Water
- The Weston PTO is excited to provide free pizza to all children attending Trunk or Treat! Funds raised through PTO memberships allow us to plan and fund special community events, including Trunk or Treat. If you haven’t yet purchased a membership this year, please consider doing so HERE!
- We ask for your help to ensure all children who want pizza can enjoy some, and thus we will limit slices to two per child. Pizza will be served around 5:15pm.
- Don’t forget your water bottle! To be “green,” we will not provide individual bottles of water, but there will be water dispensers available to refill personal water bottles.
- Pizza and water will be located at the PTO check-in table at the Field School main entrance.
Parking & Bathrooms
- Parking is available in the Country and Woodland lots, Field overflow lot, Weston Recreation department, and Weston Public Library lots.
- Bathrooms are available inside Field School.
- PTO will provide green wristbands to families who request them at check-in to denote food allergies.
- To ensure their safety, children with green wristbands will have the option to receive non-edible prizes from the teal-colored pumpkins provided at each trunk.
- Parents/caregivers of children with food allergies are responsible for monitoring the treats their children choose – trunk volunteers will not be able to do so.
Our goal is to make this event safe, inclusive, and fun for all of our families. Only NUT-FREE food items will be allowed at this event. However, we cannot guarantee that there will be zero nuts on the premises and wish to remind families to remain vigilant if their student has a nut or other food allergy.
Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Thank you for helping make Trunk or Treat possible for our elementary school community!
Laura Wilson and Taylor McIntire
Field School PTO Co-Chairs
Jessie Grasshoff and Jess Kaplan
Country School Co-Chairs
Meghan Covington and Emily Malenfant
Woodland School Co-Chairs