Dear Woodland School families,
Welcome to week 16! It’s a big week at Woodland School with our winter concert and teacher and staff cookie exchange. Thank you to all of you that volunteered to bake! We look forward to seeing many of you on Friday at the winter concert. Please note that the Writing Curriculum Forum that was originally scheduled for this Thursday, December 15 has been postponed to Thursday, January 12, 2023.
- Tuesday, December 13: Woodland School Teacher and Staff Cookie Extravaganza | 9:30am | Woodland School
- Thursday, December 15: Writing Curriculum Forum | 8:30-9:30am | Country School
- Friday, December 16: Woodland School Winter Concert | 8:45am | Woodland School
- Friday, December 23: Early Dismissal | 11:00am | Winter Break
- Monday, December 26 – Monday, January 2nd: Winter Break*
- Thursday, January 12: Writing Curriculum Forum | 8:30-9:30 am | Country School
- Thursday, January 26: Global Diversity Fair | 5:00-7:00pm | Field School
- *Note, there is no school on Monday, January 2nd
Winter Concert: The Woodland Winter Concert will be Friday, December 16. Grades 2 and 3 will perform at 8:45am and Grades PreK, K & 1 will perform at 10:15am. Both concerts will be in the Woodland School Gymnasium. If your student is a 3rd grade orchestra player, please have your student dress in a black (navy is fine if it’s all you have) skirt or pants with a white shirt or sweater.
Winter Gear: Winter is here and tonight we have a little snow to prove it. Please be sure to send in appropriate gear for recess – coats, hats, mittens, gloves, and winter boots and please write your child’s name on all winter gear. Also, if you are missing any items, please stop by the school to check the lost and found.
Community Events …
Global Diversity Fair: You should have received an email from us last week regarding the exciting return of the Elementary Global Diversity Fair on Thursday, January 26, 2023 from 5:00-7:00 pm. The Global Diversity Fair will feature booths and performances that represent a culture, country or region. This event relies on the diverse experiences and backgrounds of our WPS community, and the booths are the heart of our Global Diversity Fair! We are seeking members of the Field, Country and Woodland School communities to volunteer to host booths and/or perform or coordinate a performance. Please sign up via our Sign Up Genius. You might also consider partnering with other members of the various school communities with whom you share a culture to host a booth together.
Please reach out to us and Event Chair, Catalina Salebe, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
We hope you have a wonderful week!
Meghan Covington & Emily Malenfant
Woodland School PTO Co-Chairs