Dear Woodland Families,
It’s Spirit Week at Woodland School! Don’t miss the schedule of fun themes below. It’s also a shortened week with a half day Wednesday and no school Friday so update your calendars.
If you missed Principal Dimen’s email, Woodland celebrated the end of their All School Engineering Challenge with a great concert last Friday. Here is a short video – All School Challenge Concert.
- Monday, April 3: School Committee Meeting | 6:30 pm | Weston High School Auditorium
- Monday, April 3 – Thursday, April 6 | Woodland Spirit Week!
- Wednesday, April 5: Early Dismissal | 11:30 am
- Wednesday, April 5: Weston PTO Green Team School Clean-Up | 11:30 am | Meet in front of the school!
- Friday, April 7: No School
- Thursday April 13 – Friday April 14: 3rd Grade ELA MCAS | Woodland School
- Monday April 17 – Friday April 21: Spring Recess
- Sunday, April 27: Weston Fishing Derby | 9:00 am.-12:00 pm | Weston High School Pond
- Sunday, May 7: Weston PMC Kids Ride | 8:00 am | Weston Middle School
- Monday, May 8: Annual Town Meeting | Weston High School Auditorium | 7:00 pm | Child care information coming soon!
Spirit Week Theme Days (Monday, April 3 – Thursday, April 6)
- Monday: Pajama and Cozy Clothing Day
- Tuesday: Wacky Socks Day
- Wednesday: Woodland or Weston Maroon Spirit Day (Woodland/Weston or Woodland Colors)
- Thursday: Wacky Tacky Mismatched Outfit Day
Help for a Weston Elementary Family: Thank you to the many that have already supported our fellow Woodland Family. As you saw from Mr. Dimen’s email, one of our Woodland School families had a house fire a couple of weeks ago. Thankfully, everyone is safe, but their home is uninhabitable–and the family has urgent needs. If you have not, and would contribute, we are collecting gift cards that will help with the immediate purchase of groceries, clothing, and other much needed goods. Gift cards to grocery stores or stores/websites where different types of goods can be purchased (e.g., Walmart, Target, or Amazon) would be particularly helpful. Please drop off any gift cards at the front desk with the office staff. A GoFundMe page has also been set up by the family that can be accessed here. Any support you can provide would be much appreciated!
Hope and Comfort Drive Due by Thursday! Please join Hope & Comfort and the Weston PTO to improve the health, self-esteem, and hygiene education of young people in our community by donating new, unexpired hygiene products as part of the Weston PTO’s annual Hope & Comfort Drive now through Thursday, April 6. Collection bins will be located in the lobby of each school during this time.
The most needed items are:
- Sulfate-free shampoo
- Bars of soap
- Menstrual products
Donations can also be made via Amazon Wish List by clicking here.
WEEFC’s 2023 Fall Fundraiser – Call for Auction Items & Sponsorships: Planning has begun for WEEFC’s Fall 2023 Fundraiser, scheduled for September 30. Tickets will go on sale in late summer, but we could use your help now to ensure the event is a success. We’re currently seeking businesses, artists, musicians, craftsmen, and local stores/sports teams/hotels/theaters that might be willing to provide or donate a service or item for the auction. Whether you’ve got a connection to spa services, lawn care, destination getaways or something in between, we want to hear from you! Interested in helping plan the event? Our next meeting is on Friday, April 14 at 10:30 a.m. at Case House, and everyone is welcome. Please contact Steph Corcoran with auction/event ideas and Katie Strohacker if your business might be interested in sponsoring the event.
Weston School Clean-Up Day on Wednesday: Please join the Weston PTO Green Team and help to take care of our school community! Meet in front of your school with your family to help pick up trash around the schools, grounds, and playgrounds on Wednesday, April 5 (early release day):
- 11:30 a.m. at Woodland, Country, and Field School
- 12:45 p.m. at Middle School
- High School clean-up takes place during the school day.
Please email Angela Rostami or Heather Borden with any questions. Hope to see you there!
Weston Fishing Derby*: Calling all Weston area children! The Rotary Club of Weston & Wayland invites you to our annual Fishing Derby–a 40+ year tradition–on Sunday, April 23 from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. at the Weston High School Pond. Bring your own gear, bait (no lures, please), and bucket. Fishing starts at 9:00 a.m. sharp! Prizes are in four age categories up to age 14. Please note, this is a free event, and you can register online to attend by clicking here.
*please note the Fishing Derby is not affiliated with Weston Public Schools.
Weston PMC Kids Ride (May 7): Grab your helmet and get biking for a great cause! The Weston PMC Kids Ride is back for its 6th year with in-person and virtual options for riders ages 2-12. Click here for more information, registration, and volunteer sign-up. 100% of proceeds go to Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Contact WHS junior Olivia Rome with questions or to volunteer.
- Date: Sunday, May 7, 2023
- Time: 8:00 a.m. registration/check-in followed by 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. ride. Fun activities to follow the ride. Event wraps up by 10:00 a.m.
- Location: Weston Middle School, 456 Wellesley St. Weston, MA 02493
- Online registration is open now!
- Fee: $20 registration fee with a commitment of $40
- More Info: https://kids.pmc.org/weston
- Have a great week!
Meghan Covington & Emily Malenfant
Woodland School PTO Co-Chairs