Dear Woodland Families,
Welcome back everyone! We hope that you all had a wonderful break week. We are leading this week’s announcements with the very important Woodland Teacher Appreciation Week that is NEXT WEEK – May 1 through May 5. We would love everyone’s help to make this extra special. Thank you so much to all that have already donated or added special notes for our teachers.
Ways you can help:
- Please ask your students to help you fill in the blanks about the ways Woodland and their teachers are special to them! Please complete by this Thursday.
- Gift Card Raffle – This is a long time tradition at Woodland – families donate Gift Cards and they are raffled off to teachers throughout the day. Sign up to Donate a Gift Card! If you cannot drop these off in the Woodland main lobby or email a digital copy, we are happy to coordinate picking them up. Please email email@example.com to coordinate. Please drop off gift cards or coordinate pickup by Monday of next week.
- Donate to a special lunch for teachers and staff. Any amount is helpful and can be venmoed to meghan-covington-1 by Friday of this week.
- Tuesday, April 25: School Committee Meeting | 6:30 pm | In Person (Weston High School Auditorium) & Via Zoom
- Monday, May 1 – Friday, May 5: WPS Teacher Appreciation Week | Woodland School
- Monday, May 1: School Committee Boston Meeting | 6:30 pm
- Monday, May 1 & Tuesday May 2: WS 3rd Grade Math MCAS | All Day
- Wednesday, May 3: Early Dismissal | 11:30 am
- Sunday, May 7: Weston PMC Kids Ride | 8:00 am | Weston Middle School
- Monday, May 8: Annual Town Meeting | Weston High School Auditorium | 7:00 pm | Register for childcare here!
- Friday, May 12: WS Spring Concert | 2nd & 3rd Grades at 8:45am and Pre-K through 1st at 10:15am | Woodland School Gymnasium
- Thursday, May 25: Field School (Rising 4th Graders) Special Education Coffee (Students on IEPs) | 9:00 am | Field School Cafeteria
- Monday, May 29: No School | Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 30: Grade 3 (Rising 4th Graders) Transition Principal’s Coffee | 9:00 a.m. | Field School Cafeteria
Celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week with WEEFC Star Awards: National Teacher Appreciation Week is the perfect time to acknowledge a special teacher, aide, or staff member who has made a difference in your student’s life! Make a donation of your choosing to WEEFC, fill out the Star Award Purchase Form to designate your recipients, and we will create and send a personalized e-certificate. Submissions made through April 26 will be delivered during Teacher Appreciation Week.
WEEFC’s 2023 Fall Fundraiser – Call for Auction Items & Sponsorships: Planning has begun for WEEFC’s Fall 2023 Fundraiser, scheduled for September 30. Tickets will go on sale in late summer, but we could use your help now to ensure the event is a success. We’re currently seeking businesses, artists, musicians, craftsmen, and local stores/sports teams/hotels/theaters that might be willing to provide or donate a service or item for the auction. Whether you’ve got a connection to spa services, lawn care, destination getaways or something in between, we want to hear from you! Interested in helping plan the event? Our next meeting is on Friday, April 14 at 10:30 a.m. at Case House, and everyone is welcome. Please contact Steph Corcoran with auction/event ideas and Katie Strohacker if your business might be interested in sponsoring the event.
Weston PMC Kids Ride (May 7): Grab your helmet and get biking for a great cause! The Weston PMC Kids Ride is back for its 6th year with in-person and virtual options for riders ages 2-12. Click here for more information, registration, and volunteer sign-up. 100% of proceeds go to Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Contact WHS junior Olivia Rome with questions or to volunteer.
Date: Sunday, May 7, 2023
Time: 8:00 a.m. registration/check-in followed by 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. ride. Fun activities to follow the ride. Event wraps up by 10:00 a.m.
Location: Weston Middle School, 456 Wellesley St. Weston, MA 02493
Online registration is open now!
Fee: $20 registration fee with a commitment of $40
More Info: https://kids.pmc.org/weston
Register for Kids’ Night Out / Childcare for Town Meeting: The WHS Student Council is excited to offer a Kids’ Night Out to support attendance at the annual Weston Town Meeting on Monday, May 8. Spots are limited so we encourage you to sign up today–and please spread the word!
Weston children ages PreK to Grade 5 will be supervised by WHS student volunteers from 6:00-9:30 p.m. at multiple school locations so parents/residents can participate in Town Meeting. Children will be separated by age (PreK-K, G1-3, G4-5) and will be engaged in games, sports, crafts, and entertainment. Light snacks and water will be provided.
Space is limited and a signed waiver and prepayment is required by April 30 (Late registration accepted until May 5). Please note, NO REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER MAY 5. Proceeds will support students’ fundraising efforts and grade events. Click here to register and pay.
Early registration and payment received by April 30:
- $20 per child
- $10 for each additional sibling
- $40 max per family
Late registration and payment received between May 1-5:
- $30 per child
- $15 for each additional sibling
- $60 max per family
Have a great week!
Meghan Covington & Emily Malenfant
Woodland School PTO Co-Chairs