Dear Woodland Families,
Please see below for updates and important dates as we head into our final four weeks.
- Tuesday, May 16: 3rd Grade Visits Field School
- Tuesday, May 16: K-12 Art Show Open House | 5:30-7:30pm | Weston High School Science Wing *Art show will remain up through May 30, and families are encouraged to visit anytime the high school is open.
- Wednesday, May 17: Kindergarten No School
- Friday, May 19: Friends of Weston Public Library Book and Bake Sale | 10:00am-5:30pm | Weston Library
- Tuesday, May 23: Mental Health Essentials for Parents and Caregivers
- Wednesday, May 24: Kindergarten No School
- Thursday, May 25: Field School (Rising 4th Graders) Special Education Parent Coffee (Students on IEPs) | 9:00 am | Field School Cafeteria
- Monday, May 29: No School | Memorial Day | 7:00pm | WHS Library
- Tuesday, May 30: Grade 3 Transition Principal’s Coffee | 9:00am | Field School Cafeteria
- Thursday, June 1: WS End of Year Picnic | 4:30-6:30 pm | Woodland School (Rain Date – June 7)*
- Wednesday, June 7: Pre-K through 2nd Fun Day
- Wednesday, June 7: Early Dismissal
- Thursday, June 8: CS/WS 3rd Grade Only Picnic | 5-7pm | Field School (Rain Date – June 12)*
- Wednesday, June 14: 3rd Grade Fun Day
- Friday, June 16: Grade 3 Clap Out | 10-10:30am | Woodland Field
- Friday, June 16: Last Day of School | Early Dismissal 11am
* Adults should plan to attend picnics and after school events with their students – if these are outside of school hours, these are not drop off events.
Woodland Principal Search Update (From Tim Heavey – Director of Human Services):
As of today, 31 educators have applied to be the next Principal of Woodland Elementary School. We reviewed every application and will be inviting six candidates to advance in the hiring process. The next step in the process will include interviews with a team comprised of Woodland faculty/staff members, parents, and District leaders. Our goal is to complete the interviews by next week. Following the interviews, we will invite the top 1-3 candidates to advance and become finalists. We will visit each finalist at their current school and invite them to Woodland to participate in forums with faculty and staff, and parents/caregivers. We will share additional information about the finalists and forums ASAP.
Woodland School Spring Pop-Up Shop:
SCHOOL STORE IS OPEN! 4 days left! Be sure to get you Woodland/Weston gear this week in our Spring Pop-Up School Store. The school store will close on Friday, May 19th to be sure to accommodate production for the last day of school.
Friends of the Weston Public Library Book and Bake Sale is this Friday!
The Friends of the Weston Public Library will have a Spring Book and Bake Sale at the Weston Public Library this Friday, May 19 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., where you can purchase books and spring-themed baked goods to support free library programming. There will be spring-themed sugar cookies, cupcakes, brownies, chocolate chip cookies, and more! We can’t wait to see you there! You can click here to learn more about the Friends, or email Laura Wilson if you are interested in joining the Board.
Mental Health Essentials for Parents and Caregivers – May 23:
Please join us, in collaboration with the Department of Wellness Education in Weston Public Schools and the Weston Wellness Education, for “Mental Health Essentials for Parents & Caregivers” on Tuesday, May 23 at 7:00 p.m. in the WHS Library. This 1.5-hour workshop for parents and caregivers will be delivered by experienced clinicians, who will explore strategies to include mental health as part of your parenting: how to identify when loved ones need support for mental health; how and where to get professional support; and how to use strategies for self-care for yourselves and your loved ones. For more information, please email Mitch Finnegan.
PreK-2nd Grade Fun Day:
Pre-K through 2nd Grade Fun Day is on June 7th and preparations are underway. This day is 100% PTO organized and funded. If you would like to contribute crafts or supplies to this year’s Fun Day, please visit our Amazon Wishlist where there are still items left! Third grade Fun Day is separate and those families with a third grader should have already received information and details.
WEEFC’s 2023 Fall Fundraiser – Call for Auction Items & Sponsorships:
Planning has begun for WEEFC’s Fall 2023 Fundraiser, scheduled for September 30. Tickets will go on sale in late summer, but we could use your help now to ensure the event is a success. We’re currently seeking businesses, artists, musicians, craftsmen, and local stores/sports teams/hotels/theaters that might be willing to provide or donate a service or item for the auction. Whether you’ve got a connection to spa services, lawn care, destination getaways or something in between, we want to hear from you! Interested in helping plan the event? Our next meeting will be Friday, May 12 at 10:30 a.m. at Case House, and everyone is welcome. Please contact Steph Corcoran with auction/event ideas and Katie Strohacker if your business might be interested in sponsoring the event.
Have a great week!
Meghan Covington & Emily Malenfant
Woodland School PTO Co-Chairs