Hello, Woodland School!
It was great to see so many of you at the Back to School Picnic this past week! We hope everyone had a fun evening.
The Woodland School spirit wear shop is OPEN FOR BUSINESS! It will only be open for a few more days, so grab your T-shirts, hats, and sweatshirts now. Orders will ship in early November, so your new gear will arrive just in time for the cold weather and for our November Spirit Day!
A couple of reminders:
- Back to School Night is this Tuesday, October 3. Please see details on timing below.
- Parent’s Night Out is Thursday, October 18. RSVP here.
- Trunk or Treat is back, on Friday, October 27!
This year’s Trunk-or-Treat will take place on Friday, October 27th from 4:30-6pm in the Field School Parking Lot. Pizza will be provided by the PTO, so come find our table. This event relies on the help of volunteers so we encourage you to sign-up! We are in need of NUT-FREE candy donations, safe NON-FOOD items for teal pumpkins and trunk decorators. You can access these volunteer opportunities here.
For those who want to decorate a trunk, THANK YOU! This is a really fun way to get your whole family involved in the event, or you might even consider partnering with a friend! Whatever makes the experience the most fun and doable for you. The event flyer and trunk examples can be found at the bottom of this email. This event is open to PK-5 students from all three elementary schools and their families. Parents, please note that this is not a drop-off event and that all children need to be accompanied by an adult. It is our goal to make this event safe, inclusive, and fun for all of our families. Only NUT-FREE food items will be allowed at this event. Thank you in advance for your willingness to volunteer for what is sure to be a SPOOKtacular Trunk-or-Treat event.
Please see additional announcements below. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Woodland School Calendar to stay up to date on all school and PTO-related activities, and follow us on Instagram @westonwoodlandwolves for school-related photos and information.
Have a great week! Emily & Alexi
- Tuesday, 10/3 – Woodland Back to School Night (PreK – Gr 3)
- Wednesday, 10/4 – Early Release Day | 11:30am (Grades PreK- Gr 3)
- Monday, 10/9 – Indigenous People’s Day
- Friday, 10/13 – School Picture Day
- Wednesday, 10/18 – Parents’ Night Out at Lookout Farm in Natick | 6-9PM
- Wednesday, 10/25 – Early Release, K-5 Conferences
- Friday, 10/27 – All Elementary Trunk or Treat | 4:30-6PM at Field School
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT
Back to School Night is scheduled for Tuesday, October 3. This is an adult only event where you will meet your child’s teachers, see the classroom, and learn about the curriculum for the school year. Below is the schedule for the night.
- 6:00 – 6:30 pm: Grade 2 and Grade 3 Classroom Presentations
- 6:15 – 6:30 pm: Non-classroom teachers (Specialists, Special Educators, Related Service Providers, Academic Coaches, Interventionists) will be in the Gym for Preschool, Kindergarten and 1st Grade parents to drop-in and meet these educators
- 6:35 – 6:45 pm: Mrs. Dickerson’s Welcome in the Gym
- 6:45 – 7:00 pm: Non-classroom teachers (Specialists, Special Educators, Related Service Providers, Academic Coaches, Interventionists) will be in the Gym for Grade 2 and Grade 3 parents to drop-in and meet these educators
- 6:50 – 7:20 pm: Preschool, Kindergarten and First Grade Classroom Presentations
PARENTS’ NIGHT OUT
Please join us to gather with fellow Woodland parents at our upcoming adult-only Parents’ Night Out – Wednesday, October 18th from 6-9pm at Lookout Farm in Natick. Please RSVP here by Friday, October 11th.
Ticket price is $30 per person and will go towards drinks and heavy appetizers. Limited space available. Your spot will be reserved once payment is received. Payment options:
- Cash (email email@example.com to coordinate delivery)
- Check made out to Alexi DiCosola (email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm; mail to 60 Westerly Road, Weston, MA 02493)
- For financial assistance in purchasing tickets, please contact Alexi or Mrs. Dickerson.
Enjoy an evening out in a beautiful fall setting among old and new friends!
Thank you to the Mofenson Family for hosting.
The Woodland School Spirit Store is Now Open! The 2023 Fall Spirit Store is ready for business. The school store will remain open through early October. Get your gear in time for upcoming fall spirit days!
PARENT EDUCATION EVENT
Suicide rates among LGBTQ+ youth are halved when their pronouns are respected. Please join Weston PTO Parent Education for our first event of the year “coffee and conversations with LGBTQ+ parents, caregivers and allies” Friday 6th October 10am Weston Public Library. Please contact Kat Wilberton email@example.com and Marian Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Dismissal Notepad Fundraiser is back! Please click the link to order METCO Dismissal notepads. Proceeds from this fundraiser benefit Weston METCO Family Friends. The deadline for ordering is October 20, 2022. One order includes 4 (50 sheets per pad) notepads. For questions, please contact Nancy Fournier, email@example.com