February 7, 2020
Dear Weston Community,
As many of you are aware, over the past couple of months we conducted a comprehensive search process to look for a new principal for Weston High School. This has been a rigorous process, and I am appreciative to all of those that participated. I want to highlight the steps we have taken:
- December 7, 2019: The position was posted.
- January 14, 2020: The application review team selected 12 candidates to advance.
- January 15, 2020: A team of district administrators reviewed additional information about the 12 candidates, including an assignment that asked the candidates to review recent WHS data and write a memo to the superintendent summarizing their key findings. From there the team selected the seven strongest candidates and sent an update to the community. You can see the update here.
- January 21-22, 2020: A team composed of students, parents, teachers, teacher leaders, and district administrators interviewed the seven candidates. After the final interview we discussed each candidate one by one, and ultimately reached consensus on the three finalists: Kelly Flynn, Darius Green and Paul Peri.
- January 28-30, 2020: A team of parents, teachers, and district administrators conducted two-hour site visits at each of the finalists’ schools. The site visit team met on January 30th to share their feedback.
- January 31, 2020: We announced the three finalists and invited parents to the community forums to be held on February 3rd, 4th, and 6th. You can see the announcement here.
- February 3-6, 2020: Each candidate spent a day at WHS, meeting with staff, students, parents, department heads, school committee members, and district administrators. Feedback was solicited from every individual that met with the candidates.
The support and engagement of students, families, and educators throughout the hiring process has been incredible, and such community support is one of the main reasons we were able to attract such accomplished candidates. I am grateful to have the opportunity to be part of a community that makes education a major priority.
After all of the feedback and information collected throughout the process is reviewed, I will enter into negotiations with our leading candidate. I intend to announce the next principal for Weston High School next week.
Dr. Midge Connolly
Superintendent, Weston Public Schools