Dear Weston Public School Parent/Guardians,
There are a number of important updates I need to share with you. As we look to school starting next week, my first priority is to ensure everyone is able to receive communications.
All general communications and announcements are posted on the Weston Public School website and pushed out to school and the district subscription email lists.
- [Action Item] If you are not receiving website communications (with the Weston header/footer) then please subscribe yourself via our website to both the district and relevant schools.
- Academic and important communications are sent out via our student information system.
- [Action Item] If you do not have an account or cannot log in to the parent portal (http://portal.weston.org) please complete this helpdesk form to receive assistance in gaining access.
- [Action Item] Please verify/update your contact information using the http://portal.weston.org
- [Action Item] Please add phone numbers for any student(s) with mobile phones (optional, but helpful, particularly for HS students).
- Updated Emergency Form: Each year our Nursing/Health professionals ask for an updated emergency Form. This year is no exception and may indeed even be more important.
- [Action Item] Please download and complete this Nurse Emergency Form and return it to the school, either electronically, or with your student on the first day of in-school classes.
This week we will push a parent/guardians consent form for video conferencing, recording, and some online resources that require your permission. Please keep an eye out for a message with further information.
To ensure we get off on the right foot, here are a few considerations and needs.
Work setting at home: set up a school workspace for your student somewhere near enough that you can monitor them, yet private enough to enable them to concentrate on their school work.
Please have students dress appropriately when video conferencing and make sure there are no distracting materials or backgrounds.
Please provide a pair of earbuds with a microphone (like the ones you may have received with mobile phones over the years) that will allow the student to both hear and communicate during video conferencing sessions.
[Device Pick up] Student device pickup: We will start distributing devices this week to families that indicated their student(s) will need a computing device for the fall. Cohort “B” students will receive their device on the first day of school–in school. RLA and cohort “A” student will be able to pick up devices on the following schedule:
Thursday September 10th, 4:00 to 6:00pm
Friday September 11th, 11:30 to 1:30pm
Monday September 14th, 8:00 to 10:00 am
Pick up location:
Elementary students will pick up at the Field School lower bus loop.
Middle School/High School students will pick up at the Middle School Front lobby
[Informational item] Daily Health Screening: We are in the process of implementing a daily health screening process for every student and staff member. This system will text message you every morning with a unique URL. Following the link in the text message, you will be able to answer the screening questions with just a few taps for all of your children. More information will be provided as we get this system up and running.
Dr. Lee McCanne
Director of Technology and School Libraries
Weston Public Schools and the Town of Weston