Dear Weston Public School Community,
In efforts to provide the most up-to-date information to the school community, we have developed a weekly Covid-19 dashboard. This dashboard will provide a clearer picture of how the pandemic is affecting the Weston Public Schools community. The WPS Covid-19 dashboard will be updated weekly on Fridays.
As of today’s date we will no longer be sending notification for each positive case. All case reports can be tracked using the WPS Covid-19 dashboard.
The weekly dashboard will include the following information:
- District Weekly Case Count – the total number of cases reported this week in Weston Public Schools as reported to DESE. Please note that due to the reporting timeline, there may be a slight discrepancy in the WPS and DESE Covid-19 Positive Cases in Schools numbers.
- District Total Case Count – a cumulative count of all reported positive Covid-19 cases within our school community.
- Town 14-Day Case Count – the total case count for the Town of Weston as noted on the Weston Board of Health Dashboard. Data presented is updated by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health each Wednesday and is updated each Thursday. Please note discrepancies between Town Case Count and District Case Count can be attributed to lag time in test resulting and reporting time.
- Town Total Case Count – the total number of cases in the town of Weston beginning 1/1/2020 as noted on the Massachusetts Department of Public Health Weekly Covid-19 Update.
- Town Average Daily Incidence Rate/100,000 (last 14 days) – the average daily incidence rate per 100,000 for the last 14 days as reported by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health Weekly Covid-19 Update.
Weston Public Schools 7-Steps to Continued Success Amidst a Pandemic
- Wearing a mask while on school grounds
- Maintaining 6 feet of distance between yourself and others whenever possible
- Washing and sanitizing hands frequently while in school
- Sitting in assigned seats while in school or riding the bus
- Staying home when sick
- Following isolation and quarantine guidance as directed by the Local Board of Health
- Daily accurate completion of of the RUVNA symptom tracker
Dr. Midge Connolly