The following message was sent out via email April 13th, 2022:
Dear Weston Public Schools community,
We’re writing to invite you to a few different upcoming forums being held for parents and families.
This Spring, as our school district moves forward with our program review processes, two of our program reviews (Social Studies and History, Guidance and Counseling) are entering the external review phase of the process. We’re inviting parents/families and community members to participate in open forums about the external review processes and provide feedback to each committee.
Please mark your calendars for the following:
- K-12 Guidance and Counseling: Tuesday, April 26th at 9:00am, Zoom meeting only
- K-12 Social Studies and History: Monday, May 9th at 8:30am, Field School + Zoom
- If you would like to submit questions or comments about the review please contact K-5 Curriculum Specialist Susan Erickson, Ericksons@weston.org
- The meeting will be hybrid in person (Field School cafe) and also on Zoom
- Zoom link: https://westonorg.zoom.us/s/81252100120 (LINK CHANGED 5/4/22 FOR SECURITY REASONS)
The purpose of the external review is to collect data and respond to questions and priorities from the program-review “charge” set forth by the School Committee. The respective “charges” for our K-12 Social Studies and History Department and Guidance and Counseling Department each stem from their 2019-22 “self-study” internal reviews. Each external review committee will go on to review materials, observe teaching and learning, as well as hear from faculty, administrators, families and community members.
Additionally, we’d like to invite you all to join central office leaders along with our three K-5 elementary school principals Erin Maguire, Jennifer Faber, and Dan Green for a parent/family coffee regarding changes made to Weston’s K-5 curricula over the past several years.
- K5 Curricula Principal Coffee: Thursday May 5th, 10am, COUNTRY School + Zoom
- The meeting will be hybrid in person (COUNTRY School cafe) and also on Zoom
- Zoom link: https://westonorg.zoom.us/s/81183705483 (LINK CHANGED 5/4/22 FOR SECURITY REASONS)
Thank you for your interest!
Dr. Midge Connolly, Superintendent of Schools
Dr. Kimo Carter, Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning
Ms. Martha Bakken, Director of Student Services
April 13, 2022