Hello, Country School Families,
We had a busy week at Country School last week!
Best regards, Jessie & Jess CS PTO Co-Chairs
- Wednesday, 10/5 – No School | Yom Kippur
- Monday, 10/10 – No School | Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- Wednesday, 10/12 – Early Release Day
- Thursday, 10/13 – Math Curriculum Forum (Country School)
- Saturday, 10/15 – BWMPO Night Out
- Wednesday, 10/19 – No Kindergarten
- Wednesday, 10/26 – Early Release Day – Conferences
- Thursday, 10/27 – Social Studies/Science Curriculum Forum (Field)
- Friday, 10/28 – Trunk-or-Treat
- Wednesday, 11/2 – Early Release Day
- Thursday, 11/10 – Intervention/Title I Curriculum Forum (Country)
- Friday, 11/11 – No School | Veterans Day
LAST CHANCE! COUNTRY SCHOOL COUNCIL
Country School has two open positions for the School Council. This is a two-year term and we are looking for parents interested in joining. Meetings are held once a month, typically the third Wednesday, from 2:45-3:45. If interested in running for School Council, please send a candidate statement to Jessie Grasshoff, firstname.lastname@example.org and Jess Kaplan, email@example.com, by October 4. School Council Elections will run from October 11 to October 14.
BWMPO NIGHT OUT
Given last year’s success with Parent Night Out, the BWMPO and PTO are excited to partner once again and host the “Meet Me Halfway” Parent Night Out at Trillium in Canton, MA on Saturday, October 15th from 6-8pm. While not in Boston this time around, Canton is a great halfway destination to further connect as parents. Tickets are $20 per person to cover food costs, but beverages should be purchased independently. Please RSVP by Wednesday, October 12th here. We can’t wait to see you!
METCO DISMISSAL PADS
The Dismissal Notepad Fundraiser is back! Please click the link to order METCO Dismissal pads. Simplify your mornings with these personalized notepads. Proceeds from this fundraiser benefit Weston METCO Family Friends. The deadline for ordering is October 21, 2022. One order includes 4 (50 sheets per pad) notepads. Cost is $20
For questions, please contact Nancy Fournier, firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, October 28 – 4:30-6:00 – Field School Parking Lot
We are thrilled to welcome back the elementary school Trunk-or-Treat this year! Stay tuned for more information on the return of this spooktacular K-5 tradition, including volunteer opportunities! Please look out for more information coming from your room parents tomorrow.
DISTRICT CURRICULUM FORUMS
You are invited to upcoming forums for families about each curriculum used in grades K-5. Goals of these forums include 1) sharing more details with you about each curriculum, and 2) hearing from you in person about each curriculum. These events are scheduled around the subject area rather than grade level or school. While forums will take place at each school, each elementary grade subject curriculum will be discussed grouped by topic, and families are welcome to attend multiple forums over the coming months. You don’t need to sign up ahead of time to attend a curriculum forum. If you cannot attend the forums, please email questions for the forums in advance to Superintendent@weston.org. All forums will be live streamed via Zoom webinar and Zoom links will be shared closer to each event.
Thursdays, 8:30-9:30 am, location in parentheses:
- October 13 – Math (at Country School)
- October 27 – Science/Social Studies (at Field School Cafe)
- November 10 – Intervention/Title I (at Country School)
- December 1 – Reading, Fundations & Heggerty (at Field School Cafe)
- December 8 – Tech and Libraries (at Field School, Innovation lab)
- December 15 – Writing (at Country School)