Dear Country School Families,
I hope you all enjoyed the beautiful weather this past weekend. What a wonderful treat to officially wrap up Summer! We are thrilled to welcome back our 1st-3rd graders tomorrow (Tuesday) and our Preschool and Kindergarteners on Wednesday. Below are a few important reminders to help ensure a smooth return to school routines.
- As always, we encourage a good night’s sleep and eating breakfast before coming to school. Snack times for each grade level vary and do not start until after 9:30 am.
- If your child is arriving by bus, please know there will be many staff members in front of Country School to greet them when they arrive and ensure they get to where they need to be.
- Students arriving by car can be dropped off at 7:55 am.If you arrive early, we will ask you to keep your child(ren) in the car with you until 7:55. This allows us to be able to safely unload all students arriving by bus and then safely supervise students arriving by car. Students can exit your car on the passenger side only. This allows us to safely unload cars and keep the traffic moving. If you want to get out of your car to assist your child, we ask that you please park in a designated parking spot and walk your child over. Caretakers should not get out of their vehicle in the live drop off line. Thank you for your cooperation with this morning arrival routine.
- All Country School teachers will be outside to greet their classes and walk them into school for the first week. This helps us establish consistent routines that we will follow for the whole school year.
- If you are picking your student up from school by car, please make sure your display your placard on the passenger side of your vehicle with your child’s name clearly written on it. If you are new to Country School or need an additional placard for your car, we have extras available. Students can only enter your vehicle on the passenger side of the vehicle.
- Students should bring a snack from home and have the option to bring a lunch from home or have a school lunch. You can find the menu here .
- Please share these reminders and expectations with any caretakers that will be helping your family with arrival/dismissal and school prep.
- Most importantly, please let your child(ren) know that their teacher and everyone at Country School is so excited to see them on their first day!
We are all looking forward to a great school year and are excited to partner with families to make this the best year yet!