August 26, 2019
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! It’s been a busy summer in the district, with lots of professional development and curriculum work happening. We can’t wait for your students to return!
The Student Services Office (located at the Woodland School) is comprised of the following departments: Special Education and Related Services, Guidance, Counseling/Section 504, Nursing/Health Services, English Language Education, McKinney Vento Homeless Assistance Act and Out of District Placements.
We have a few staffing updates to share:
- Amanda (Mandy) Baker, Woodland Special Education Teacher, will be our new Language Based Classroom Teacher at the Field School in 4th grade.
- Laura Evers will be replacing Mandy at Woodland. She joins us from the Natick Public Schools.
- Jennifer Nolan will be our new Team Chair/School Psychologist at the Field School. She joins us from the Westport CT and NYC Public School systems.
- Matt Coffey will be our new APE teacher for the district. Matt joins us with extensive experience working students with disabilities, most recently at the Protestant Guild in Waltham.
- Maxine Heron, OT at Field School, decided over the summer to reduce her schedule. We wish her all the best. Julie Gianotti will be replacing Maxine. Julie joins us from the CASE Collaborative.
- Erin Foley will be the new Counselor in the Transitions program at Weston High School. Erin was a counseling intern with us last year and recently completed her Master’s degree at Framingham State University.
We welcome them all to the Weston Public Schools!
Over the summer, teachers were involved in many professional development opportunities. Teachers at all levels were trained by Amy Kelly in Responsive Classroom and are excited to bring this work to their classrooms. In addition, our K and 1 teachers received extensive training in the Lucy Calkin’s Reading Program which is being introduced in those grades this year. Student Services will continue our work on IEPs with Allan Blume. Elise Wulff will be in the district again this year, supporting teachers’ work around anxiety, executive functioning and social thinking.
We look forward to collaborating with the Weston SEPAC to support students and families. The first SEPAC meeting with be September 18 at 9am, with District Administrators. Location will be determined in the next few weeks.
We are very excited for the new year to start. As always, do not hesitate to call, email or stop by our office with any questions or concerns. Student Services is currently located at the Woodland School at 10 Alphabet Lane. Our office phone number is 781-786-5240.
Enjoy the last few days of summer and we’ll see you soon!
Jennifer Truslow, Director of Student Services
Anne Zernicke, Assistant Director of Student Services
Team Chair Contact Information:
Country School: Michael Davies – 781-786-5485
Woodland School: Erika Sava – 781-786-5386
Field School: Jennifer Nolan – 781-786-5546
Weston Middle School: Maryellen Stampfli – 781-786-5646
Weston High School: Jeff Dias – 781-786-5334