August 31, 2018
Once again, the summer has flown by and we are ready and excited to welcome your students back to our schools. We hope you all had a wonderful summer and enjoyed the hot sunny days!
The Student Services Office had a busy summer, planning for the fall and the school year. We wanted to update you on some staffing changes for this school year:
- As many of you know, Rowena Abadi, longtime special educator at Country School, retired at the end of last school year. Lucy Proulx will be working full time at Country in her place.
- We welcome Amanda (Mandy) Baker to Woodland and Country schools as the special educator filling Lucy’s position between both schools. Mandy joins us from Norwood Public Schools.
- We are thrilled to welcome Robin Breitman as our BCBA working at Woodland and Weston High School. Robin joins us from Norfolk Public Schools.
- Also at Woodland, Beth Callahan will be our new Speech Language Pathologist, replacing Alyssa Cohen who recently moved out of state. Beth joins us from Natick Public Schools.
- Linnea Weaver joins us from Sudbury Public Schools, as our new Speech Language Pathologist. She will be replacing Liz Carlson, who has moved to a different position in a different district. We wish Liz the best of success, and welcome Linnea to Weston High School.
- Cheryl Garzoglio, Field School Speech Language Pathologist, has decided to extend her maternity leave a bit longer. We welcome Cathy Waldman to Field in her absence. Cathy has extensive experience working with students in public schools.
- Megan Dominici, Weston Middle School adjustment counselor, recently welcomed her new daughter. We send our best wishes to Megan, and welcome Michael Sweeney to the middle school during her maternity leave. Michael recently covered a maternity leave at Weston High School’s Bridge Program and has made a smooth transition to the middle school.
- Laurie Melchionda, RN, is Weston’s new Director of Health Services, after Patty Wright’s retirement. Laurie joins us from Braintree Public Schools and brings a wealth of knowledge to the district.
The Student Services office is looking forward to continuing our Professional Development work. Allan Blume, retired Simmons faculty member, will work with special education teams on writing goals, objectives and accommodations to further improve the clarity of our IEPs. Elise Wulff, from MGH/Aspire, will continue her work with building teams to support students with anxiety, executive functioning and social challenges.
We also look forward to another collaborative year with the Weston PAC. We are working together to support students and families across the district, and anticipate bringing more helpful presentations and speakers to PAC meetings again this year. Please click on the link below to access this important resource.
We are very excited to begin this new school year. As always, please do not hesitate to visit, call or email us with any questions or concerns. We are located at the Case House, 89 Wellesley Street, or at 781-786-5240.
Best wishes for a smooth start!
Jennifer Truslow Anne Zernicke
Director of Student Services Assistant Director of Student Services