Dear Field School families,
Many thanks to those who donated to Bristol Lodge and the Student Council’s sock drive over the past few weeks. There was a record turn-out this year, thanks to your generosity. Field School collected nearly 3,000 items for Bristol Lodge and filled up two bins overflowing with socks. There is no stopping the Field School Foxes! Please see the following new announcements (in bold), along with a few reminders:
- Get Your Field School Gear – Extended!
- Elementary School Improvement Plan
- Global Diversity Fair – Signup this week!
- Field School Cookie Exchange – Save the Date
- Weston Police & Weston Fire Departments’ Toys for Tots Event
- Important Dates
- PTO Parent Education Talk on Child and Teen Mental Health Issues in Weston
- WCL Weston Center Community Gingerbread Treasure Hunt
- Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions. Have a wonderful week.
Laura Wilson & Taylor McIntire
Field School PTO Co-Chairs
1. Get Your Field School Gear – Extended! Store is open until 12/2! We are keeping the store open for one extra week! The cutoff for guaranteed holiday delivery was 11/23, but there is still time to order your favorite Field School and Weston spirit items. So if you haven’t placed your order yet, you can shop by clicking here. Remember, you are shopping for a good cause; as in years past, all proceeds benefit our fifth grade Celebration Day in June, which is a very special annual milestone celebration. We will not be able to accept orders after December 2nd, so be sure to order today! We want all students to have access to Field School gear so if you need financial assistance, please reach out to Dr. Green. Thank you for your support of this important fundraiser!
2. Elementary School Improvement Plan: Our Elementary School Principals presented the School Improvement Plan to the School Committee last week. If you were not able to be there in person, we encourage you to watch the presentation to learn about all the amazing things the Elementary Schools have planned for this year.
3. Global Diversity Fair – Signup this week! We hope you will save the date and consider getting involved in the much-anticipated return of the Elementary Global Diversity Fair on Thursday, January 26, 2023, from 5:00-7:00 pm. We are looking for volunteers to (1) host a booth representing a culture, country, or region; this is the heart of our multicultural fair. Feel free to partner with other members of the elementary community with whom you share a culture, country, or region to co-host a booth! We are also looking for volunteers to (2) coordinate and/or perform music, dance or performances. This event relies on the help of volunteers, so please consider participating. An email and Sign-Up will be sent out via Room Parents early this week so please keep an eye on your inbox!
4. Field School Cookie Exchange: Save the date! Our annual Cookie Exchange will be on Thursday, December 15, when Field School families have the opportunity to bake/provide cookies for our amazing faculty and staff. More information and a sign-up will be emailed later this week so keep an eye on your inbox–and thanks in advance for your help with this beloved winter holiday tradition.
5. Weston Police & Weston Fire Departments’ Toys for Tots Event: Interested in attending a community event for a great cause? Join the Weston Police and Weston Fire Departments to “Skate with Santa,” a fundraiser benefiting Toys for Tots. This event will be held on Saturday, December 10 from 5:00-7:00 pm at Rivers School Ice Arena in Weston. Please bring one unwrapped toy per person to skate with Santa. Please see the flyer below.
6. Important Dates: Please note that this week’s events are in bold below.
- Thursday, December 1: Reading, Fundations, & Heggerty Curriculum Forum | 8:30-9:30 am | Field School
- Thursday, December 1: PTO Parent Ed Talk on Child & Teen Mental Health in Weston | 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 7: Early Release Day | 11:30 am
- Thursday, December 8: Tech & Libraries Curriculum Forum | 8:30-9:30 am | Field School
- Wednesday, December 14: Field School Winter Concerts | 8:45 am (Grade 4) & 10:15 am (Grade 5)
- Thursday, December 15: Writing Curriculum Forum | 8:30-9:30 am | Country School
- Thursday, December 15: Field School Faculty & Staff Cookie Exchange | More details forthcoming!
- Friday, December 23: Early Release Day | 11:00 am
- Monday, December 26 – Monday, January 2: No School | Winter Break
- Thursday, January 26: Elementary Global Diversity Fair | 5:00-7:00 pm | Field School
7. PTO Parent Education Talk on Child and Teen Mental Health Issues in Weston: The United States is facing a national emergency when it comes to teen mental health. Curious about the main issues therapists are treating and trends they are seeing in Weston and neighboring towns? Join us on Thursday, December 1 at 7:00 pm for a conversation with Lindsay Steinsieck, Psy.D and Kristen Aberle, Psy.D about what issues Human Relations Services (HRS) are seeing locally in our town and surrounding towns. Please RSVP to Kat Wilberton or Marian Johnson for location details and/or with any questions.
8. WCL Weston Center Community Gingerbread Treasure Hunt: The Weston Community League (WCL) invites you to participate in a Gingerbread Treasure Hunt throughout Weston Center through this Friday, December 2. The grand prize is a LEGO gingerbread house kit!