FS PTO Update
Dear Field School families,
It was great to see so many of you at our Global Diversity Fair on Thursday night! We had a record turn-out for a truly spectacular evening, and Field School was well represented in our booth volunteers, performances, and behind-the-scenes support. We wish to recognize fifth grade student William Kim, who played the cello, as well as fourth grade students, Ayan Kolachalama and Jason Zheng, who each performed on the piano. We have such a talented group of Field foxes!
Again, thank you to all of the families who hosted booths and put on performances: you are truly the heart of this event, and it wouldn’t have been possible without you. You went above and beyond, making this event incredibly meaningful for everyone in attendance. We have already received such enthusiastic, positive feedback from the community members who participated and attended, and it was wonderful to see families from all five schools, along with faculty, staff, and administrators, come together in celebration of our amazing, diverse community. If you haven’t already, we encourage you to take a look at our school Instagram page to see photos from the evening. Special thanks to our Event Chair and fourth grade parent, Catalina Salebe (Ocampo), for working tirelessly to make this year’s Global Diversity Fair so successful, and to fifth grade parent, Pramita Chowrira, for generously donating all of our printed materials from her business. We are tremendously proud to be part of this community; we are the Foxes!
We have an early dismissal this Wednesday at 11:30 am. Please see the following new announcements for this week (in bold), along with a few reminders and important dates for your calendar:
- Fifth Grade Parent Coffee – Thursday!
- Fifth Grade Key Information
- Important Dates
- Nominations for 2023-2024 PTO Board
- Elementary Coding Night – Volunteer Opportunities Available
As a friendly reminder, your PTO membership dues help make special family events like the Global Diversity Fair happen. It’s never too late to join, and no volunteering is necessary—but always welcome. We hope you will join or renew your membership today if you haven’t already!
Thank you for your support! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions. Have a wonderful week.
Laura Wilson & Taylor McIntire
Field School PTO Co-Chairs
1. Fifth Grade Parent Coffee: Dr. Green will be hosting a coffee for fifth-grade parents/guardians this Thursday, February 2, at 9:00 am in person in the Field School Cafeteria. The focus will be the upcoming health/puberty unit (which will be introduced to students the week of February 13) and the world language choices available at Weston Middle School. Interested fourth-grade parents are welcome to attend as well! A Zoom option will be available for those unable to attend in person, and Dr. Green will forward the link later this week.
2. Fifth Grade Key Information: Fifth grade families will be receiving another email from us this week that is fifth-grade specific, pertaining to the yearbook, year-end video slideshow, and Celebration Day. This part of the school year is a busy but exciting time for our fifth graders, and we are grateful for your help and support with these projects and events!
3. Important Dates: Please note that this week’s events are in bold below.
Wednesday, February 1: Early Release Day | 11:30 am
Thursday, February 2: Fifth Grade Parent Coffee | 9:00 am | Field School Cafeteria
Thursday, February 9: Elementary Coding Night | 5:30-7:30 pm | Woodland School Cafeteria & Gym
Monday, February 20 – Friday, February 24: No School | February Break
Wednesday, March 1: Field School Art Show | 5:30-7:30 pm | More information coming soon!
4. Nominations for 2023-2024 Weston PTO Board: Are you looking to get more involved in the schools and the community? The Nominating Committee for the Weston PTO Board is accepting nominations for open positions for the 2023-2024 PTO Board. Open positions include:
- Vice President
- Co-Chairs at Woodland, Country, Field, Middle School and High School
- Community Outreach
- Performing Artists & Authors Committee
- STEM Committee
- Family Engagement
- Parent Education
- Green Team
For a list of positions and descriptions, please click here. If you are interested in serving on the Board or know someone who might be and would like to nominate him/her, please email Nancy Trodden, firstname.lastname@example.org, Nominating Committee Chair. Please feel free to reach out to anyone on the board to learn more about all the fun we have and the many ways the PTO supports our kids, our schools, and our community. All nominations are due to the Nominating Committee by February 17, 2023. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
5. Elementary Coding Night: The Weston PTO STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Math) Council will host a Coding Night for elementary school families in the Woodland Cafeteria and Gym on Thursday, February 9, from 5:30-7:30 PM. Earn prizes by completing various coding games and challenges! No coding experience necessary. Children are required to be accompanied by an adult. More details to come as the date approaches.
The PTO STEM Council is looking for volunteers to help set-up/break-down the event and facilitate moving children through the various activity tables. Volunteer roles will vary from “no coding experience” to “some coding experience” required. Please sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0F4BA8AB2DAAFB6-stem if interested or email Alison King email@example.com, Mark McKnight firstname.lastname@example.org, BJ Grattan email@example.com, or Stephanie Mazitschek firstname.lastname@example.org.