FS Weekly Update
Dear Field School families,
We hope you had a great weekend! Last week was an exciting one, with many of our fourth and fifth graders performing at String Fling, Band Fest, and the Weston Friendly Society’s production of Shrek Jr. Thanks to all who came out to support this talented group of students at any/all of these special events. Our students were beyond excited to spot their teachers and Dr. Green in the audience at the play over the weekend too. We are ever proud and grateful to be part of this amazing school community. #wearethefoxes
It’s another busy week for our Field Foxes so we encourage you to please read the following announcements (in bold below), along with a few reminders:
- Composting at Field School – Thank You!
- K-12 Science & Technology/Engineering Community Forum – Thursday 3/16
- Field School Art Show – Frame Orders Due Friday 3/17
- Three Ways to Support METCO
- Important Dates
- Fractal Fair – Tuesday 3/14
Fifth grade families, just a friendly reminder that all yearbook submissions were due Friday. Please click here to provide your student’s photos if you haven’t already.
We look forward to seeing many of you at Spring Sing on Wednesday evening at Field School! Have a wonderful week.
Laura Wilson & Taylor McIntire
Field School PTO Co-Chairs
1. Composting at Field School: Thank you to those who volunteered to help launch composting at Field School this past week! We are excited to welcome composting to our school, and the students did a phenomenal job with the rollout. If you still want to sign up to help this week, it’s not too late! Click here.
2. K-12 Science & Technology/Engineering Community Forum: Please join us this Thursday, March 16 at 8:30 a.m. in the Field School Cafeteria. If you cannot attend in person, the forum will also be available via Zoom (link TBA). This is a part of the Science External Review Process, where the external team will be seeking feedback from community members. If you would like to submit questions or have comments about the review, please contact K-5 Curriculum Specialist Susan Erickson, via email at Ericksons@weston.org. Thank you in advance for your participation.
3. Field School Art Show – Frame Orders Due Friday 3/17: Last call to frame your student’s artwork! Your child’s artwork came home from school last week so if you would like to frame any of those pieces, please (1) select which piece(s) you would like framed; (2) click here to fill out the order form and provide payment information; and (3) send your selection(s) back in to school with your child to return to Mr. Ginga. The deadline for ordering is this Friday, March 17. Your purchase supports WEEFC’s ongoing work to provide enrichment programming at all five Weston Public Schools. If you wish to have the artwork framed but are concerned about the cost, please contact Mr. Ginga or Dr. Green, and they will be happy to assist you. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions.
4. Three Ways to Support METCO:
1. Please plan to attend the joint IN-PERSON BWMPO/PTO meeting on Thursday, March 23 at 7:00 p.m. at the Epiphany Early Learning Center in Boston. We urge you to come, support, and engage with guest speakers, Dr. Matthew Henry and Ms. Theresa Dryden, as we discuss their firsthand experience with the METCO program, the Weston METCO program, and how we can improve the METCO experience for the Weston community. This invitation is for the entire Weston community. We look forward to seeing you there!
Epiphany Early Learning Center 230 Centre St. Boston, MA 02124
2. Order METCO Matters merchandise! Please use the link to submit your orders, which will ship directly to you.
3. Please consider applying for the METCO Community Coordinator position or sharing the opportunity with your network: METCO is looking for a Community Coordinator for the Weston METCO program to support and strengthen relationships between Boston resident and Weston resident students and families. This position reports directly to the METCO Director and is eligible for an $8,000 stipend (over a full school year). We are looking for a diverse pool of applicants who are inspired by our mission to educate, equip, and inspire all students to achieve their full potential and enrich their community. Please click here for the complete job posting.
5. Important Dates:
- Monday, March 13: School Committee Meeting | 7:00 p.m. | Via Zoom
- Tuesday, March 14: Weston Education Association (WEA) Office Hours | 6:00-7:00 p.m. | Via Zoom
- Tuesday, March 14: Fractal Fair | Weston High School Library | 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 15: Spring Sing (Grades 3-12 Chorus) | Field School Gym | 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 16: K-12 Science & Technology/Engineering Community Forum | Field School Cafeteria | 8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 14: Weston Education Association (WEA) Office Hours | 8:00-9:00 p.m. | Via Zoom
- Monday, March 20: Weston Education Association (WEA) Community Forum with Educators | 7:00-8:30 p.m. | Location TBD (Zoom option available)
- Thursday, March 23: Field School Principal’s Coffee | Details TBA
- Thursday, March 23: Joint In-Person BWMPO/PTO Meeting | Epiphany Early Learning Center, 220 Centre Street, Boston | 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, March 27: School Committee Meeting | 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 8: Annual Town Meeting | Weston High School Auditorium | 7:00 p.m.
6. Fractal Fair: Come find out what a fractal is–and so much more! This year, the Fractal Fair happens to coincide with Pi Day (3.14)–what could be better and more appropriate?! Join the WHS Math Department and Honors Precalculus students on Tuesday, March 14 from 6:30-8:00 p.m. in the High School Library. There will be 28 groups in total presenting their projects on a wide range of topics related to fractals. The fair will be appropriate for all ages, who might be curious about fractals, math, and our world. Please mark your calendars and set aside the night for a time of exploration, learning, and innovation.