Dear Field School families,
We hope you had a happy and relaxing vacation week! It’s hard to believe, but with the break behind us, we are officially moving into the last couple of months of the school year! This is a busy but exciting time for our Field Schoolers.
- Custom Wildcat L.L. Bean Boat and Tote Bags – Orders Due Friday (April 28)
- Opportunity to Contribute to Field School Faculty/Staff Luncheon for Teacher Appreciation Week
- Field School Art Show / WEEFC Fundraiser – Update on Framed Student Art
- Important Dates
- Weston PMC Kids Ride (May 7)
- Register for Kids’ Night Out / Childcare for Town Meeting (May 8)
- Celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week with WEEFC STAR Awards
- WEEFC’s 2023 Fall Fundraiser – Call for Auction Items & Sponsorships
Stay tuned for our spring Field School Pop-Up shop, which will be opening soon! We will be offering a special collection of classic favorites and special seasonal items. Proceeds from the sale will support the fifth grade Celebration Day in June.
Don’t forget, the Weston Town Meeting is coming up on Monday, May 8, and we hope to see many of our Field School families there. The school budget will be voted on that evening, and participation from parents is essential. Please see below for a child care opportunity from the Weston High School Student Council that will make your attendance easier–and fun for your student(s) too!
Have a wonderful week, and please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions.
Laura Wilson & Taylor McIntire
Field School PTO Co-Chairs
1. Order Your Custom Wildcat L.L. Bean Boat and Tote Bag Today! Are you constantly weighed down by your student’s sports equipment, snacks, water bottles, and devices? SAME! Don’t worry, we have your back; click here to order your custom Weston Wildcat L.L. Bean Boat and Tote bag today! We will be accepting orders until 9:00 p.m. this Friday, April 28. This order form is open to all WPS families from all five schools.
Bag Details: Each bag is a size “large” tote with “long” black straps, and the Wildcat logo is embroidered on one side between the straps (see photo below). Totes are $50 each, and Venmo or cash/check payment must be received by Saturday, April 29. This is not a fundraiser; the $50 charge covers the cost of the bag, custom embroidery, and shipping. We will notify you when the bags have arrived and will provide pick-up information at that time. These totes make great gifts for classroom teachers, specialists, coaches, grandparents–each and every Wildcat in your life! Get your order in while you can; you’ll be TOTE-ally glad you did.
2. Opportunity to Contribute to Field School Faculty/Staff Luncheon for Teacher Appreciation Week: In celebration of the WPS Teacher Appreciation Week, the Field School PTO will be hosting our annual Faculty/Staff Appreciation luncheon on Friday, May 5 to express our gratitude to the incredible Field School team, who make such a difference in the lives of our fourth and fifth graders each and every day. This event is a beloved tradition that the Field School team very much looks forward to. If you are interested in contributing, donations can be made via Venmo to Laura Wilson (@lollygolly with the last four digits of 9587 for confirmation) with the memo “Teacher Appreciation Week.” Any excess funds collected will go towards the additional appreciation efforts that we have planned for the Field School faculty and staff during that week. Thank you so much for your continued support! We couldn’t do this without you.
3. Field School Art Show / WEEFC Fundraiser – Update on Framed Student Art: Thank you to all who ordered framed student artwork as part of the Field School Art Show / WEEFC Fundraiser last month. Due to shipping delays, the frames are arriving later than anticipated. Thank you for your patience; we will be in touch soon with pick-up information. Thank you for your support of our student artists and WEEFC!
4. Important Dates: Please note that this week’s events are in bold below.
- Tuesday, April 25: School Committee Meeting | 6:30 p.m. | In Person (Weston High School Auditorium) & Via Zoom
- Thursday, April 27: Principal’s Coffee re. Grade 5 Transition to Middle School | 9:00-10:00 a.m. | Field School Cafeteria
- Monday, May 1 – Friday, May 5: WPS Teacher Appreciation Week
- Monday, May 1: School Committee Boston Meeting | 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 3: Early Dismissal | 11:30 a.m.
- Sunday, May 7: Weston PMC Kids Ride | 8:00 a.m. | Weston Middle School
- Monday, May 8: Annual Town Meeting | Weston High School Auditorium | 7:00 p.m. | Register for childcare here!
- Wednesday, May 17: Field School Spring Concert | 7:00-8:00 p.m. | More information forthcoming
- Thursday, May 25: Incoming (Grade 3) Special Education Coffee (Students on IEPs) | 9:00 a.m. | Field School Cafeteria
- Friday, May 26: Fifth Grade Visit to Weston Middle School | More information forthcoming
- Monday, May 29: No School | Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 30: Grade 3 Transition Principal’s Coffee | 9:00 a.m. | Field School Cafeteria
5. Weston PMC Kids Ride: Grab your helmet and get biking for a great cause! The Weston PMC Kids Ride is back for its 6th year with in-person and virtual options for riders ages 2-12. Click HERE for more information, registration, and volunteer sign-up. 100% of proceeds go to Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Contact WHS junior Olivia Rome with questions or to volunteer.
Date: Sunday, May 7, 2023
Time: 8:00 a.m. registration/check-in followed by 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. ride. Fun activities to follow the ride. Event wraps up by 10:00 a.m.
Location: Weston Middle School, 456 Wellesley St. Weston, MA 02493
Online registration is open now!
Fee: $20 registration fee with a commitment of $40
More Info: https://kids.pmc.org/weston
6. Register for Kids’ Night Out / Childcare for Town Meeting: The WHS Student Council is excited to offer a Kids’ Night Out to support attendance at the annual Weston Town Meeting on Monday, May 8. Spots are limited so we encourage you to sign up today–and please spread the word!
Weston children ages PreK to Grade 5 will be supervised by WHS student volunteers from 6:00-9:30 p.m. at multiple school locations so parents/residents can participate in Town Meeting. Children will be separated by age (PreK-K, G1-3, G4-5) and will be engaged in games, sports, crafts, and entertainment. Light snacks and water will be provided.
Space is limited and a signed waiver and prepayment is required by April 30 (Late registration accepted until May 5). Please note, NO REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER MAY 5. Proceeds will support students’ fundraising efforts and grade events. Click here to register and pay.
Early registration and payment received by April 30:
$20 per child
$10 for each additional sibling
$40 max per family
Late registration and payment received between May 1-5:
$30 per child
$15 for each additional sibling
$60 max per family
7. Celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week with WEEFC Star Awards: National Teacher Appreciation Week (May 8-12) is the perfect time to acknowledge a special teacher, aide, or staff member who has made a difference in your student’s life! Make a donation of your choosing to WEEFC, fill out the Star Award Purchase Form to designate your recipients, and we will create and send a personalized e-certificate. Submissions made through April 26 will be delivered during Teacher Appreciation Week.
8. WEEFC’s 2023 Fall Fundraiser – Call for Auction Items & Sponsorships: Planning has begun for WEEFC’s Fall 2023 Fundraiser, scheduled for September 30. Tickets will go on sale in late summer, but we could use your help now to ensure the event is a success. We’re currently seeking businesses, artists, musicians, craftsmen, and local stores/sports teams/hotels/theaters that might be willing to provide or donate a service or item for the auction. Whether you’ve got a connection to spa services, lawn care, destination getaways or something in between, we want to hear from you! Interested in helping plan the event? Our next meeting is this Friday, April 28 at 10:30 a.m. at Case House, and everyone is welcome. Please contact Steph Corcoran with auction/event ideas and Katie Strohacker if your business might be interested in sponsoring the event.