Dear Field School families,
We hope you had a great weekend! We are excited to announce that our Field School spring pop-up shop is now open–but only for a limited time! Please note that orders are due by this Friday, May 12 so that your items can arrive prior to the end of the school year, which is (believe it or not) just around the corner! You can click here to shop.
Thank you again to everyone who contributed to last week’s Faculty and Staff Appreciation Week at Field School! Your generous support made for a truly meaningful week for the Field School team, and they were so grateful. We would like to extend a special thank you to our wonderful Room Parents, who went above and beyond to show appreciation for their classroom teachers and aides on behalf of their class families. If you haven’t had the chance, we invite you to look at the photos of last week’s efforts posted on our school Instagram page.
Please see the following announcements along with a few reminders:
- Field School Spring Pop-Up Shop – Now Open!
- “Go ‘Cats!” Spirit Day Tomorrow (Monday)
- Town Meeting Reminder & Free Stickers for WPS Families!
- Volunteers Needed for K-12 Art Show
- FS Art Show / WEEFC Fundraiser Update on Framed Art
- Important Dates
- Field School Spring Concert
- WEEFC’s 2023 Fall Fundraiser – Call for Auction Items & Sponsorships
We look forward to seeing you tomorrow night at the Weston Town Meeting! We hope you will stop by our table outside the high school to say hi and get your “Go ‘cats!” sticker on your way in.
Thank you for all your support of Field School and the WPS community. Have a wonderful week, and please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions.
Laura Wilson & Taylor McIntire
Field School PTO Co-Chairs
1. Field School Spring Pop-Up Shop: The Field School Spring Pop-Up Shop is now open–but only for a limited time! We are excited to offer new styles for the warmer days ahead, as well as some classic favorites. The “Weston” flannel pajama pants are back by popular demand! Unfortunately, due to supply chain issues, there were no youth-specific sizes available. However, we are offering the adult style in sizes XS and XXS so as to accommodate youth sizes, and you can consult the size chart on the product page to determine if these sizes might work for your child. Hopefully this work-around will be helpful. Please note that all orders are due by this Friday, May 12. After that time, the store will be closed for processing and production so that you can receive your items prior to the school year end.
2. “Go ‘Cats!” Spirit Day Tomorrow (Monday): Don’t forget, tomorrow (Monday) will be a Field School Spirit Day. Field School students are encouraged to show their Weston pride by wearing Wildcat attire, Field logos, general Weston gear, Weston sports uniforms, or the classic Weston maroon–anything goes! Bonus points will be awarded to grown-ups who wear their Weston items to Town Meeting later that evening!
3. Town Meeting Reminder & Free Stickers for WPS Families! The Weston Town Meeting is tomorrow (Monday) night at 7:00 p.m. in the Weston High School Auditorium. Among other important issues, the school budget is up for approval, and Weston Public Schools needs you to attend and vote!
What makes spending an evening with your friends and neighbors even better? You guessed it: free stickers! We will be at Town Meeting to hand out “Go ‘cats!” stickers to all WPS parents/guardians who stop by our table near the wildcat statue by the WHS entrance. We hope you will come show your support for our schools at Town Meeting and stop by to say hello and pick up your sticker between 6:15-6:45 p.m. before they run out! While “Go ‘cats!” may mean something different to each family and student, it is our hope that we can wear it proudly together at this essential civic event.
4. Volunteers Needed for K-12 Art Show: The annual K-12 Art Show is almost here! There will be an opening reception on Tuesday, May 16 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. in the Weston High School Science Wing. Parent volunteers are needed to hang and display artwork on May 12. Volunteers are also needed to set up the reception and provide snacks and water. We hope parents across all grades will be willing to help make this show a successful celebration of the artistic achievements of all of our children! Please click here to sign up if you are able to. Please contact Chris Fehl with any questions. Thank you for your support!
5. FS Art Show / WEEFC Fundraiser Update on Framed Art: We are happy to announce that the frames have arrived, and framed student artwork will be ready for pick-up soon. Yay! Please be on the lookout for more information next week. Thank you again for your patience and your support of WEEFC and our student artists!
6. Important Dates: Please note that this week’s events are in bold below.
- Monday, May 8: Annual Town Meeting | Weston High School Auditorium | 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 8: Kids’ Night Out | Weston Middle School | 6:00-9:30 p.m.
- Monday, May 8 – Tuesday, May 9: Math MCAS at Field School
- Tuesday, May 16: Opening of the K-12 Art Show | 5:30-7:30 p.m. | Weston High School Science Wing | The art show will remain up through May 30, and families are encouraged to visit anytime the high school is open.
- Wednesday, May 17: Field School Spring Concert (Band, Orchestra, & Chorus) | 8:45 a.m. | Field School Gym – Note updated time!
- Thursday, May 25: Incoming (Grade 3) Special Education Coffee (Students on IEPs) | 9:00 a.m. | Field School Cafeteria
- Friday, May 26: Fifth Grade Visit to Weston Middle School | More information forthcoming
- Monday, May 29: No School | Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 30: Grade 3 Transition Principal’s Coffee | 9:00 a.m. | Field School Cafeteria
- Wednesday, June 7: Early Dismissal | 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, June 8: Grade 4 Field Day | More information forthcoming
- Tuesday, June 13: Grade 4 Songs of American Concert | 9:00-10:00 a.m. | Field School Gym
- Wednesday, June 14: Grade 5 Celebration Day (Rain date is Thursday, June 15)
- Friday, June 16: Grade 5 Clap Out | 10:30-11:00 a.m.
- Friday, June 16: Last Day of School | Dismissal at 11:00 a.m.
7. Field School Spring Concert: Fourth and fifth grade band, orchestra, and chorus students will be performing in the Field School Spring Concert on Wednesday, May 17 at 8:45-9:45 a.m. in the Field School Gym. Concert dress includes: blank pants and a white dress shirt. Band and orchestra students also need to bring their instrument, music, and a folding music stand. Please also note that after-school rehearsals will last through the concert date. There will be no more after-school rehearsals after the concert, but the in-school band classes will continue through the end of the school year.
8. WEEFC’s 2023 Fall Fundraiser – Call for Auction Items & Sponsorships: Planning has begun for WEEFC’s Fall 2023 Fundraiser, scheduled for September 30. Tickets will go on sale in late summer, but we could use your help now to ensure the event is a success. We’re currently seeking businesses, artists, musicians, craftsmen, and local stores/sports teams/hotels/theaters that might be willing to provide or donate a service or item for the auction. Whether you’ve got a connection to spa services, lawn care, destination getaways or something in between, we want to hear from you! Interested in helping plan the event? Our next meeting will be Friday, May 12 at 10:30 a.m. at Case House, and everyone is welcome. Please contact Steph Corcoran with auction/event ideas and Katie Strohacker if your business might be interested in sponsoring the event.