Dear Field School Fourth Grade Families,
We hope you had a great weekend and enjoyed every moment of the beautiful weather! Please see this week’s announcements, along with a few reminders:
- K-12 Art Show – Volunteers/Refreshments Still Needed
- Field School Concert
- FS Art Show / WEEFC Fundraiser – Pick Up Instructions for Framed Art
- Friends of the Weston Public Library Book and Bake Sale – Friday!
- Mental Health Essentials for Parents and Caregivers – May 23
- Fourth Grade Field Day – Save the Date
- Important Dates
- WEEFC’s 2023 Fall Fundraiser – Call for Auction Items & Sponsorships
Have a wonderful week, and please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions.
Laura Wilson & Taylor McIntire
Field School PTO Co-Chairs
1. K-12 Art Show – Volunteers/Refreshments Still Needed: The annual K-12 Art Show is almost here! There will be an opening reception this Tuesday, May 16 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. in the Weston High School Science Wing. Volunteers are still needed to help set up the reception and provide snacks and water. We are grateful for the parents across all grades, who are willing to help out to make this show an extraordinary success and celebration of the artistic achievements of all of our children! Please see this link for volunteers to sign up and/or provide refreshments. Please contact Chris Fehl with any questions. Thank you for your support!
2. Field School Spring Concert: Fourth and fifth grade band, orchestra, and chorus students will be performing in the Field School Spring Concert this Wednesday, May 17 from 8:45-9:45 a.m. in the Field School Gym. We look forward to seeing you there! Concert dress includes: blank pants and a white dress shirt. Band and orchestra students also need to bring their instrument, music, and a folding music stand. Please also note that after-school rehearsals will last through the concert date. There will be no more after-school rehearsals after the concert, but the in-school band classes will continue through the end of the school year.
3. FS Art Show / WEEFC Fundraiser – Pick Up Instructions for Framed Art: We are happy to announce that the framed student artwork that many families ordered as part of the WEEFC fundraiser at the Field School Art Show is ready for pick-up! We will have a table set up at the spring concert on Wednesday, where you can pick up your order. If you are unable to attend the concert, please reach out to us so that we can make alternative arrangements to get your art to you. The framed art looks fantastic, and we hope you have the perfect spot(s) ready for it at home. Thank you again for your patience and your support of WEEFC and our student artists!
4. Friends of the Weston Public Library Book and Bake Sale is this Friday! The Friends of the Weston Public Library will have a Spring Book and Bake Sale at the Weston Public Library this Friday, May 19 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., where you can purchase books and spring-themed baked goods to support free library programming. There will be spring-themed sugar cookies, cupcakes, brownies, chocolate chip cookies, and more! We can’t wait to see you there! You can click here to learn more about the Friends, and/or email Laura Wilson if you are interested in joining the Board.
5. Mental Health Essentials for Parents and Caregivers – May 23: Please join us, in collaboration with the Department of Wellness Education in Weston Public Schools and the Weston Wellness Education, for “Mental Health Essentials for Parents & Caregivers” on Tuesday, May 23 at 7:00 p.m. in the WHS Library. This 1.5-hour workshop for parents and caregivers will be delivered by experienced clinicians, who will explore strategies to include mental health as part of your parenting: how to identify when loved ones need support for mental health; how and where to get professional support; and how to use strategies for self-care for yourselves and your loved ones. For more information, please email Mitch Finnegan.
6. Fourth Grade Field Day – Save the Date: Fourth grade Field Day is scheduled for Thursday, June 8 (with a rain date of Friday, June 9). Our amazing PE instructor, Shira Catlin, is putting together an incredibly fun event for the students, but we will need your help to make it happen! Please be on the lookout for an email from us this week, which will include volunteer information and a sign-up form. Thank you in advance for your help!
7. Important Dates:
- Tuesday, May 16: Opening of the K-12 Art Show | 5:30-7:30 p.m. | Weston High School Science Wing | The art show will remain up through May 30, and families are encouraged to visit anytime the high school is open.
- Wednesday, May 17: Field School Spring Concert (Band, Orchestra, & Chorus) | 8:45 a.m. | Field School Gym – Note updated time!
- Thursday, May 25: Incoming (Grade 3) Special Education Coffee (Students on IEPs) | 9:00 a.m. | Field School Cafeteria
- Monday, May 29: No School | Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 30: Grade 3 Transition Principal’s Coffee | 9:00 a.m. | Field School Cafeteria
- Thursday, June 1: Kona Ice Truck Day for 4th and 5th Graders! | 12:00-2:00 p.m. | Thank you, WEEFC!
- Wednesday, June 7: Early Dismissal | 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, June 8: Grade 4 Field Day | More information forthcoming!
- Tuesday, June 13: Grade 4 Songs of American Concert | 9:00-10:00 a.m. | Field School Gym
- Friday, June 16: Grade 5 Clap Out | 10:30-11:00 a.m.
- Friday, June 16: Last Day of School | Dismissal at 11:00 a.m.
8. WEEFC’s 2023 Fall Fundraiser – Call for Auction Items & Sponsorships: Planning has begun for WEEFC’s Fall 2023 Fundraiser, scheduled for September 30. Tickets will go on sale in late summer, but we could use your help now to ensure the event is a success. We’re currently seeking businesses, artists, musicians, craftsmen, and local stores/sports teams/hotels/theaters that might be willing to provide or donate a service or item for the auction. Whether you’ve got a connection to spa services, lawn care, destination getaways or something in between, we want to hear from you! Interested in helping plan the event? Our next meeting will be Friday, May 26 at 10:30 a.m. at Case House, and everyone is welcome. Please contact Steph Corcoran with auction/event ideas and Katie Strohacker if your business might be interested in sponsoring the event.