Dear Field School Families,
IMPORTANT! Please read!
4th Grade families: Please note the date change for Songs of America below.
5th Grade families: Please note the time change of Clap Out;, take a moment to order your YEARBOOK while you still can; and fill out the PERMISSION form so your student can participate in Celebration Day. We are still missing permission forms and yearbook orders and ask that you please complete them so your student can take part in these meaningful fifth grade traditions.
It was great to see so many of you at this week’s spring concert and to celebrate the musical accomplishments of our fourth and fifth graders together. We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did! We know there is a lot of information shared at this time of year but encourage you to read the following announcements.
- Volunteer at Field Day – Opportunity for Fourth Grade Parents
- *Important Fifth Grade Reminders*
- FS Art Show / WEEFC Fundraiser – Pick Up Instructions for Framed Art
- Mental Health Essentials for Parents and Caregivers – Tuesday
- Lost and Found
- Weston PTO: Join or Renew Your Membership!
- Important Dates
- K-12 Art Show
- WEEFC’s 2023 Fall Fundraiser – Call for Auction Items & Sponsorships
Have a wonderful week and a safe and happy holiday weekend. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions.
Laura Wilson & Taylor McIntire
Field School PTO Co-Chairs
1. Volunteer at Field Day – Opportunity for Fourth Grade Parents: Fourth grade Field Day is scheduled for Thursday, June 8 (with a rain date of Friday, June 9) from 12:00-2:00 pm, and we need your help to make it happen! If you would like to volunteer to help, please click here. Volunteers will help run stations that the classes will rotate through. You can click here for the descriptions of each Field Day station. We have TWO Volunteer time slots:
Shift #1: 11:30-1 (help setup & run stations)
Shift #2: 12:45-2:15 (run stations & help cleanup)
There is also a spot on the form to indicate if you would like to stay for both shifts. Thank you for your willingness to help!
2. Important Fifth Grade Reminders: To prevent your student(s) from missing out, please note the following important, fifth grade specific action items that need completing ASAP if you have not already done so.
Yearbook Order Forms are NOW DUE. Please order HERE and submit your payment of $40 via Venmo $40 to @TayMcIntire (last four digits 8601). Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to sort out cash, check or other financial arrangements.
Celebration Day registration and payments are NOW DUE. Please register HERE, and submit your payment of $30 via Venmo to @lollygolly (last 4 digits 9587). Please reach out to email@example.com if you need to sort out cash, check or other financial arrangements.
Swim Test: In order to swim in the deep-end of the town pool during Celebration Day, your child(ren) will first need to pass their swim test. The swim test can be taken in advance of Celebration Day at the Weston Middle School Pool on Saturday, June 3 from 1:30-3:30 pm. Otherwise the test can be taken on the day of the event (June 14).
Celebration Video submissions are due tomorrow (Monday): Please submit a “proud/joyful moment” photo from 22/23 to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send any favorite song requests for the video.
3. FS Art Show / WEEFC Fundraiser – Pick Up Instructions for Framed Art: For those who were unable to pick up their framed artwork at the spring concert, your order is now available for pick-up in the main office at Field School. Please Please check in at the front desk with Mrs. Bergin or Ms. Guigno and provide your student’s name, and they will be able to assist in retrieving your framed artwork for you. If you are unable to make it to Field School during school hours, please reach out to us, and we will be happy to coordinate an alternative pick-up time. Thank you again for your support of WEEFC and our student artists!
4. Mental Health Essentials for Parents and Caregivers: Please join us, in collaboration with the Department of Wellness Education in Weston Public Schools and the Weston Wellness Education, for “Mental Health Essentials for Parents & Caregivers” this Tuesday, May 23 at 7:00 p.m. in the WHS Library. This 1.5-hour workshop for parents and caregivers will be delivered by experienced clinicians, who will explore strategies to include mental health as part of your parenting: how to identify when loved ones need support for mental health; how and where to get professional support; and how to use strategies for self-care for yourselves and your loved ones. For more information, please email Mitch Finnegan.
5. Lost and Found: The Field School Lost and Found is full! We encourage you to stop by during school hours to look through the Lost and Found, which is located in the school lobby. Please note that the last day to claim items will be Thursday, June 15th. Any items unclaimed by the end of school that day will be donated. Thank you for your help!
6. Weston PTO: Join or Renew Your Membership! If you have a child in the Weston Public Schools, please join or renew your Weston PTO membership for the upcoming 2023-2024 school year. The Weston PTO is an all-volunteer, parent-run, non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the education of our children and fostering community within our schools. We keep parents connected and engaged by facilitating a closer relationship between the schools and home and by serving as a communication link between the two. The annual membership fee is $75 per family. By purchasing it, you support the many ways the PTO engages with our community. Our annual budget is raised solely through membership dues and goes directly towards supporting the many wonderful events and activities our volunteers organize for all five district schools. If you have any questions, please contact Allison King and Theresa Nibi, Membership Chairs, at email@example.com. Thank you for your support!
7. Important Dates: Please note that this week’s events are in bold below.
- Tuesday, May 23: Mental Health Essentials for Parents & Caregivers | Weston High School Library | 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 25: Incoming (Grade 3) Special Education Coffee (Students on IEPs) | 9:00 a.m. | Field School Cafeteria
- Friday, May 26: Fifth Grade Visit to Weston Middle School
- Monday, May 29: No School | Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 30: Grade 3 Transition Principal’s Coffee | 9:00 a.m. | Field School Cafeteria
- Thursday, June 1: Kona Ice Truck Day for 4th and 5th Graders! | 12:00-2:00 p.m. | Thank you, WEEFC!
- Monday, June 5: School Committee Meeting | 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 7: Early Dismissal | 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, June 8: Grade 4 Field Day | Sign up to volunteer here! (Rain date is Friday, June 9.)
- Wednesday, June 14: Grade 4 Songs of America Concert | 9:00-10:00 a.m. | Field School Gym | Note date change!
- Wednesday, June 14: Fifth Grade Celebration Day (Rain date is Thursday, June 15.)
- Thursday, June 15: Last Day to Claim Lost & Found Items | Items unclaimed by the end of the day will be donated.
- Friday, June 16: Grade 5 Clap Out | 10:00 a.m. – Note updated time!
- Friday, June 16: Last Day of School | Dismissal at 11:00 a.m.
8. K-12 Art Show: The K-12 Art Show opened this past week, and we are so impressed with our Field Fox artists! For those who haven’t yet had the opportunity to see it, it’s not too late! The art show will remain up through May 30, and families are encouraged to visit the WHS Science Wing to see it anytime the high school is open.
9. WEEFC’s 2023 Fall Fundraiser – Call for Auction Items & Sponsorships: Planning has begun for WEEFC’s Fall 2023 Fundraiser, scheduled for September 30. Tickets will go on sale in late summer, but we could use your help now to ensure the event is a success. We’re currently seeking businesses, artists, musicians, craftsmen, and local stores/sports teams/hotels/theaters that might be willing to provide or donate a service or item for the auction. Whether you’ve got a connection to spa services, lawn care, destination getaways or something in between, we want to hear from you! Interested in helping plan the event? Please contact Steph Corcoran with auction/event ideas and Katie Strohacker if your business might be interested in sponsoring the event.