Dear Field School Families,
***If you are the parent/caregiver of a fifth grade student, please remember that this Saturday (June 3) is the last opportunity for your student to take their swim test prior to Celebration Day (details below under “Important Dates”).***
This is a busy time so we encourage you to please read this week’s announcements and see the list of important dates, along with a few reminders:
- K-12 Art Show – Closes Tomorrow (Tuesday)
- Fourth Grade Songs of America Concert
- Fifth Grade Yearbook Orders
- Fifth Grade Yearbooks For Teachers
- Weston Council on Aging (COA) – Food Pantry Drive Happening Now
- WEEFC Fall Fundraiser – Save the Date!
- Important Dates
- Volunteer at Field Day – Opportunity for Fourth Grade Parents
- Weston PTO: Join or Renew Your Membership!
Have a wonderful week, and as always, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions.
Best, Laura Wilson & Taylor McIntire Field School PTO Co-Chairs
1. K-12 Art Show – Closes Tomorrow (Tuesday)! If you haven’t had the chance to see the K-12 Art Show yet, tomorrow (Tuesday, May 30) is your last chance. Families are encouraged to visit the WHS Science Wing to see it anytime the high school is open.
2. Fourth Grade Songs of America Concert: The fourth grade annual Songs of America Concert will take place on Wednesday, June 14 at 9:00 a.m. in the Field School Gym. We know there has been some confusion regarding the date of this concert so we apologize for any inconvenience. All fourth grade parents/caregivers are invited to attend, and students should feel free to wear clothing/outfits that represent their culture, heritage, and/or identity. We hope to see you there!
3. Fifth Grade Yearbook Orders: We encourage all parents/caregivers of fifth grade students to order a yearbook so that their student can participate in the much-anticipated yearbook signing event in school with their classmates. Please order HERE, and submit your payment of $40 via Venmo to @TayMcIntire (last four digits 8601). Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to sort out cash, check or other financial arrangements.
4. Fifth Grade Yearbooks for Teachers: If you are the parent/caregiver of a fifth grader and are interested in contributing to the cost of a yearbook for your student’s classroom teacher and/or learning assistant(s), please contact Laura Wilson and Taylor McIntire, or reach out to your class Room Parents.
5. Weston Council on Aging (COA) Pantry Drive: The Weston PTO’s final Community Outreach event for the year will benefit the Weston Council on Aging’s Pantry. The drive will begin tomorrow (Tuesday, May 30th) and run through Friday, June 9th. Donations can be made by clicking on the Council on Aging’s amazon wish list here. Items will be sent directly to the Council on Aging. Please help support the senior members in our community who rely on the pantry. Please contact Stacy Simon Gilman or Michelle Raymond with any questions.
6. Save the Date for the WEEFC Fall Fundraiser – September 30! Mark your calendars for Saturday, September 30! The WEEFC Fall Fundraiser will be returning to the Field School field. There will be food trucks, great company, music, and an auction–all to benefit the Weston Public Schools. A ticket presale with early bird pricing will be coming in mid-August. Keep an eye on the WEEFC Instagram page for more information!
7. Important Dates:
- Tuesday, May 30: Grade 3 Transition / General Introduction to Field School | 9:00 a.m. | Field School Cafeteria
- Tuesday, May 30: Last Day to visit the K-12 Art Show | Weston High School Science Wing
- Tuesday, May 30-Friday, June 10: Weston Council on Aging (COA) Pantry Drive | Click here to donate.
- Thursday, June 1: Kona Ice Truck Day for 4th and 5th Graders! | 11:45-1:45 p.m. | Thank you, WEEFC!
- Friday, June 2: Incoming (Grade 3) Informational Session on Field Student Services (Including ELL, IEP, and 504 Plans) | 9:00 a.m. | Field School Cafeteria – Note new date!
- Saturday, June 3: Last Chance for Fifth Grade Swim Test Prior to Celebration Day | Weston Middle School Pool | 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Monday, June 5: School Committee Meeting | 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 7: Early Dismissal | 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, June 8: Grade 4 Field Day | Sign up to volunteer here! (Rain date is Friday, June 9.)
- Wednesday, June 14: Grade 4 Songs of America Concert | 9:00-10:00 a.m. | Field School Gym | Note date change!
- Wednesday, June 14: Fifth Grade Celebration Day (Rain date is Thursday, June 15.)
- Thursday, June 15: Last Day to Claim Lost & Found Items | Items unclaimed by the end of the day will be donated.
- Friday, June 16: Grade 5 Clap Out | 10:00 a.m. – Note updated time!
- Friday, June 16: Last Day of School | Dismissal at 11:00 a.m.
- Saturday, September 30: WEEFC Fall Fundraiser
8. Volunteer at Field Day – Opportunity for Fourth Grade Parents: Fourth grade Field Day is scheduled for Thursday, June 8 (with a rain date of Friday, June 9) from 12:00-2:00 pm, and we need your help to make it happen! If you would like to volunteer to help, please click here. Volunteers will help run stations that the classes will rotate through. You can click here for the descriptions of each Field Day station. We have TWO Volunteer time slots:
Shift #1: 11:30-1 (help setup & run stations)
Shift #2: 12:45-2:15 (run stations & help cleanup)
There is also a spot on the form to indicate if you would like to stay for both shifts. Thank you for your willingness to help!
9. Weston PTO: Join or Renew Your Membership! If you have a child in the Weston Public Schools, please join or renew your Weston PTO membership for the upcoming 2023-2024 school year. The Weston PTO is an all-volunteer, parent-run, non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the education of our children and fostering community within our schools. We keep parents connected and engaged by facilitating a closer relationship between the schools and home and by serving as a communication link between the two. The annual membership fee is $75 per family. By purchasing it, you support the many ways the PTO engages with our community. Our annual budget is raised solely through membership dues and goes directly towards supporting the many wonderful events and activities our volunteers organize for all five district schools. If you have any questions, please contact Allison King and Theresa Nibi, Membership Chairs, at email@example.com. Thank you for your support!