Dear Field School families,
Below are PTO announcements and reminders for the week of September 18 – September 24, 2023.
- Welcome Coffee with Dr. Green (9/21)
- Field Back-to-School Night (9/27)
- FS before and after school activities
- Field School Council
- Paid Lunch Monitor Opportunity at WPS
- Snag your Wildcat Croc Charms before they’re gone!
- Important Field School Dates
Wishing you and your Field schooler a great week ahead!
1. Welcome Coffee with Dr. Green (September 21)
We invite families to join Dr. Green in the Field School Cafeteria on Thursday, September 21st at 9:00am to learn more about the start of the school year and to ask any questions you might have. Dr. Green will send more detailed information via email.
To be more environmentally friendly and reduce waste, Principal Coffees this year will be BYO unless otherwise noted. We encourage you to bring your own coffee or tea in a reusable container!
2. Field Back-to-School Night
Field School’s Back-to-School Night is Wednesday, September 27th. Dr. Green will share more details via email. Please note – this event is for fourth and fifth grade parents and guardians, not students.
We will have a PTO table setup in the lobby – stop by and say hello! And don’t forget to stock up on FS stickers, magnets and the remaining FS back to school t-shirts before they’re gone! Want to order FS merch before BTSN? Email us!
3. FS Before and After School Activities (Fall)
Please click HERE for a list of clubs that will be offered throughout the year at Field. This list includes start dates, advisers, locations, and (in a few places) instructions for how to sign-up. Please note! The start date of after school music classes (with the exception of 4th grade band) have been delayed ny one week. After school sports will start at the end of the month and multiple additional clubs will roll out throughout the fall. Please reach out to Dr. Green with any questions.
4. A Note About Field School Council
Every public school in the state is required by law to have a School Council made up of various representatives, including elected parents/guardians. According to the Massachusetts Department of Education, school councils are to assist principals in adopting educational goals for the school that are consistent with local educational policies and statewide student performance standards, identifying the educational needs of students attending the school, reviewing the annual school building budget, and formulating a school improvement plan. Each seat has a two-year term, and as Field School filled both seats during the 2022-2023 school year election, we have no open seats for parent/guardian representatives for the 2023-2024 school year. We will have two openings next year. If this opportunity is of interest and you will have a child at Field School next year, we encourage you to run!
5. Paid Lunch Monitor Opportunities at WPS
Field School principal, Dan Green, is reaching out to any parents (K-12) who might be interested in part-time work at one of the town’s elementary schools. Specifically, the schools are hoping to hire lunch/recess monitors between the hours of 11:15AM – 1:30PM every day during the school year. These part-time positions are perfect for parents interested in connecting with and supporting students during less structured times. The position pays $16.33-$17.59 an hour. Please reach out to Dan Green email@example.com if you are interested.
6. Weston Public Schools CROC(k)
Weston Public Schools CROC(k), wouldn’t you agree?! To celebrate the start of another amazing academic year, WEEFC is excited to announce the sale of Weston Wildcat Croc charms! Pop ‘em right in to show your school spirit.
The cost is $10 per charm, and proceeds support enrichment programming at all five Weston schools. Hope to see you—and your Crocs—soon. Click the ORDER FORM for more information and to place your order (while supplies last).
7. Upcoming Field School Dates:
- Thursday, September 21, 9am: Welcome Coffee with Dr. Green
- Monday, September 25: No school (Yom Kippur)
- Wednesday, September 27, 5:30-7:30pm: FS Back to School Night
- Saturday, September 30, 7pm: WEEFC Fall Fundraiser on the FS Field.
- Monday, October 2, 3pm. Field School Council Meeting, all are welcome to attend
- Wednesday, October 4: Elementary Early Release, 11:30am
- Monday, October 9: No school (Indigenous People’s Day)
- Wednesday, October 25: Elementary Early Release (K-5 Conferences)
- Friday, October 27, 4-6:30: Elementary Trunk or Treat (FS, CS & WS)