August 5, 2019
I hope you have all had a nice summer so far. I am reaching out as High School Fall Sports will begin later this month and I would like to pass along some important information prior to the start of the season.
- All student-athletes will need to have an up to date physical on file with the school nurse prior to tryouts/practices. Physicals are good for 13 months. Physicals can be dropped off at the high school to the attention of Michelle Rizza, our school nurse.
- All student-athletes are required to register on FamilyID (www.familyID.com) prior to the start of the season. Note: No student-athlete will be allowed to participate in fall sports until he/she is registered and has an up to date physical on file with the school nurse.
- High School Fall Sports will begin as follows: Football – Friday, August 16th – all other Fall Sports on Thursday, August 22nd.
- Tryout/Practice Dates/Times for the start of the season:
Football – Coach Rich Brissette – firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, Aug. 16 – 8am-12noon (meet in locker room) – Proctor Field/Field 4
Saturday, Aug. 17 – 8am-12noon (meet in locker room) – Proctor Field/Field 4
Monday, Aug. 19 – 8am-12noon (meet in locker room) – Proctor Field/Field 4
Golf – Coach Mary O’Brien – email@example.com
Wed., Aug. 21st – 10am meeting, collection of Greens Fees for Tryouts due $140, cash only, in HS Media Ctr.
Thurs., Aug. 22nd – 10am Butter Brook GC, 18 holes
Fri., Aug. 23rd – 9am Stow Acres CC North 18 holes
Mon., Aug. 26th – 12:30pm Weston GC, 18 holes
Tues., Aug. 27th– 11:00am Wayland CC 18 holes
Team will be chosen at the conclusion of play on Tuesday.
First practice Wed., Aug. 28th TBA
Golf Attire: Collared shirt, long slacks, belts must be worn, no jeans or cargo pant.
Girls Soccer – Coach John Power – firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, Aug. 22 – 8am-10am & 4pm-6pm – Proctor Field
Friday, Aug. 23 – 8am-10am & 4pm-6pm – Proctor Field
Saturday, Aug 24 – 3pm Home Scrimmage vs. Stoneham – Varsity on Proctor Field/JV on Field 1
Boys Soccer – Coach Andrey Asparouhov – email@example.com
Thursday, Aug. 22 – 10am-2pm – Proctor Field
Friday, Aug. 23 – 10am-2pm – Proctor Field
Saturday, Aug 24 – 10am Away Jamboree at Marshfield – Varsity & JV – Bus departs Weston HS at 8:15am
Field Hockey – Coach Kim Desto – firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, Aug. 22 – 5:30pm-8pm – Field 1
Friday, Aug. 23 – 8am-10:30am – Field 1
Sunday, Aug 25 – 8am-11am & 2:30pm-5pm – Field 1
Crew – Coach Mike Baker – email@example.com
Thursday, Aug. 22 – Varsity Boys 9am-1pm/Varsity Girls 8am-12noon
Friday, Aug. 23 – Varsity Boys 9am-1pm/Varsity Girls 8am-12noon
Saturday, Aug. 24 – Varsity Girls & Boys 8am-11am
Note: Novice Rowers are to report on Monday, Aug. 26 – 3pm-6pm
- All practices are located at Lake Cochituate
Girls & Boys Cross Country – Coach John Monz – firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, Aug. 22 – 9:30am at Burchard Park
Friday, Aug. 23 – 9:30am at Burchard Park
Saturday, Aug. 24 – 9:30am Meet at the Dairy Joy (Cat Rock Park Run)
Girls Volleyball – Coach Kelvin Rivera – email@example.com
Thursday, Aug. 22 – 10am-12noon & 4pm-6pm – HS Gym
Friday, Aug. 23 – 10am-12noon & 4pm-6pm – HS Gym
Saturday, Aug 24 – 10am-12noon – HS Gym
Please Note: All Varsity & JV game schedules can be found on the Fall Sports Athletic page and the MIAA app.
You can easily download the app from the app store:
Lastly, if you have any questions regarding the upcoming High School Fall Sports season please feel free to reach out to your coach directly and/or me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (781-786-5845).
Thanks and enjoy the rest of the summer!
Michael McGrath, CAA
Director of Athletics
Weston Public Schools
Follow us on Twitter: @WestonAthletic