September 15, 2020
Dear Weston Wildcats Students and Families-
Day 1 is in the books for the Lynx Cohort. It was so wonderful to see students back on campus, even if it was only the top half of their face! There were a few hiccups as expected, but overall it was a very good day. We hope your children are feeling the same way. The credit goes to our students who returned with a wonderful attitude, followed protocols and procedures, and greeted us with kindness and care. We must also celebrate our wonderful staff who helped out wherever they were needed and did whatever it took to get their lessons going.
We thought we would provide a summary of our reflections from Day 1 for both the Bobcat cohort, who will be here tomorrow, and for the Lynx group, who will be back on Friday.
- Reminders and Lessons Learned:
- Remember to charge your devices overnight.
- Remember your earbuds/headphones.
- Perform a Wellness Check every morning.
- Bring an extra mask in a ziploc baggie, water, and a snack.
- Juniors and Seniors may park in any parking space until further notice.
- The building does not open until 8:30.
- Everyone should go to their first period class after entering the building-please do not gather in the cafeteria or other large spaces.
- The library stairs are now one-way-everyone should use the exit in the back of the library.
- You will need to bring a Ziploc bag or brown lunch bag everyday to store your mask in during mask break time. (see #4)
- Bring your own supply of disinfecting wipes for your desk and chair.
- Dress according to the weather…we will get outdoors as often as possible!
- Please remember your bus number! The number of the bus you arrived on, is the number you will head home on.
Finally, and once again, please please please do all that you can to follow the health protocols in the building AND outside of it. As we watch other local districts return to fully remote due to adolescent behavior, we are hearing and seeing elements of this happening in Weston. Do the right things for your loved ones and for each other!