Hello Weston Families,
I hope the start of the school year has been a smooth transition for your family. As you may know by now the 2020 Fall 1 Sports Season will begin on Monday, September 21st. I wanted to send out this email to once again reiterate many of the new policies and procedures that are in place this season to help ensure safety for our student-athletes, coaches and spectators. Below is some important information that will be helpful to our student-athletes and families. Additionally, all practice schedules are below and game schedules are attached. I can’t wait to get things started. Go Cats!
- Start Date 9/21
- Bus Information: Weston will provide transportation to all away games/meets/matches throughout the fall season. There will be Late Buses for all Weston and METCO student-athletes at 6:10pm Mon, Tue., Thur. & Friday. Please note: there will not be a Late Bus on Wednesday as it is a scheduled varsity only game day. For those who expressed a need for transportation back to school for afternoon practices during the week we will only be able to provide 1 bus that will pick up any student-athlete needing to get back to Weston HS. This bus will pick up at the Dairy Joy on Rte. 117 in Weston at 3:30pm and this will be the location of the Late Bus drop off for all Weston student-athletes needing transportation home after practices as well. Boston student-athletes utilizing the Late Bus will be dropped off in Boston at the late run stops.
- PLEASE REMEMBER: Absolutely NO student-athlete can be participating in tryouts/practices until they have registered on FamilyID (www.familyid.com) and have a physical on file with the school nurse.
- The Weston Athletic Department will be supplying each fall student-athlete with a face mask as well as each coach. These masks will need to be worn during each practice and game/meet or match. Please treat this mask as a part of your teams uniform. All student-athletes should write their initials on the inside of their mask. No mask sharing. All should also have a back-up mask.
- I suggest that each student-athlete bring their own gym bag to all practices and games/meets & matches. All personal items should be stored within their bag and be placed 6ft. apart from other bags.
- No water jugs will be issued this fall. All student-athletes are required to bring their own water bottles.
- We encourage athletes to bring their own hand sanitizer and wash their gear and uniforms after games/practices. No shared equipment when at all possible. We will also have wipes and hand sanitizer in both Riz and my gators.
- MASK MUST BE WORN by all athletes and coaches at every practice/game/meet or match.
Home & Away Games/Practice Protocols:
- No locker room access.
- Bathrooms will be open at Proctor Field.
- There will be no picture taking on the sidelines or course during games this fall.
- Buses will be provided by Weston Transportation for all away games, meets and matches. However, athletes will be required to get to Weston HS on their own for all games being played on Wednesday’s (V only) and Saturdays. From school we will provide buses for anyone playing away that day.
- No loitering before or after practices and games.
- All coaches and student-athletes as well as officials will be wearing mask through game play and during practices. No Mask- No Play!
Note: It is extremely important that we follow and implement all the Covid policies and protocols. Please be vigilant as the safety of our student-athletes and coaches is our top priority.
- There will be no handshakes after games, meets or matches.
- For away games there will be only 21 players per team traveling on each bus with a coach. Windows will be open and student-athletes will be separated as per our bus protocols.
- When Weston is playing away please be aware that only one family member will be allowed into the game (each student-athlete on each team will be issued a lanyard to be given to one parent for each away game).
- When attending games, meets or matches at Weston all spectators will be required to adhere to social distancing policies including wearing a mask and standing 6ft. apart from other spectators.
Team Practice Schedules:
Boys Varsity Soccer
Proctor Monday & Friday 4:00pm-6:00pm
Field 8 Tues. & Thursday 4:00pm-6:00pm
Boys JV Soccer
Field 3 Mon, Tue, Thur. & Friday (off Wednesday’s/intra-squad games on Tuesday’s) 4:00pm-6:00pm
Girls Varsity Soccer
Proctor Tuesday & Thursday 4:00pm-6:00pm
Field 8 Monday & Friday 4:00pm-6:00pm
Girls JV Soccer
Field 6 Mon, Tue, Thur. & Friday (off Wednesday’s/intra-squad games on Tuesday’s) 4:00pm-6:00pm
Golf (Next week only)
9/21 – Weston GC 3:30pm
9/22 – Leo J. Martin 3:30pm (range)
9/23 – Pinebrook 3:30pm
9/24 – Stone Meadow 3:30pm
- During season practices will be Mon-Thur. on days the team does not play.
9/18 – 3:45pm Burchard Park
Practices will be held on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays at 4pm. with meets on Saturdays.
Varsity Field Hockey
Field 1 – Monday-Friday 4:00pm-6:00pm
JV Field Hockey
Field 1 – Mon, Tue., Thur. & Fri. (off Wednesday’s/intra-squad games TBD) 4:00pm-6:00pm
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Michael McGrath, CAA
Director of Athletics
Weston Public Schools
Follow us on Twitter: @WestonAthletic