Hello Weston Families,
Just a quick email prior to the start of the 2021 Fall 2 Sports Season that will begin on Monday, February 22nd. Coaches contacts are below should you have any questions. Additionally, please be sure to register on FamilyID (www.familyid.com) and have an up to date physical on file with our school nurse before Monday 2/22. Lastly, should you have any Covid related questions regarding this Fall 2 season please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. We will diligently be following the Covid policies and protocols laid out by the State during our practices/games and meets to do our best to ensure the safety of our student-athletes, coaches and athletic staff.
Below is some information that you may find helpful:
- Start Date February 22nd
- 2021 Fall 2 Sports Offered: Boys & Girls Indoor Track, Football and Girls Volleyball
- Fall 2 Sport Modifications: MIAA COVID-19 Task Force
- Unfortunately, there will be NO spectators allowed for any indoor events (girls volleyball – that may change as the season progresses). Weston Athletics (and our entire league) does plan to Live Stream all indoor events (girls volleyball) at all levels for parents and families members to view.
- Bus Information: Weston Athletics will provide transportation to all away games throughout the Fall 2 Season. We will have one mid-afternoon Boston bus that will bring students back to Weston with 2 pick-up locations – 3:20pm at Ashmont (corner of Dorchester Ave./Ashmont) & 3:35pm at Forest Hills (corner of Arborway/Washington) and one late Boston bus – 6:15pm from Weston High school to Boston. Please Note: Occasionally on game/meet days student-athletes will not be done/back to Weston in time for the 6:15pm late bus. Please be sure to make arrangements on those days for transportation. All Boston buses will run beginning on Monday, 2/22.
- PLEASE REMEMBER: Absolutely NO student-athlete can be participating in tryouts/practices until they have registered on FamilyID (www.familyid.com) and have a physical on file with the school nurse.
- MASK MUST BE WORN by all student-athletes and coaches at every practice/game or meet. All student-athletes should write their initials on the inside of their mask. No mask sharing. All should also have a back-up mask.
- I suggest that each student-athlete bring their own gym bag to all practices/games & meets. All personal items should be stored within their bag and be placed 6ft. apart from other bags.
- There will be NO locker rooms available. Student-athletes will need to bring their equipment to and from home daily. Equipment can be stored in the room next to the athletic office (room will be marked for athletic storage).
- No water jugs will be issued this Fall 2 Season. All student-athletes are required to bring their own water bottles.
- We encourage student-athletes to bring their own hand sanitizer and wash their gear and uniforms after games/practices. No shared equipment when at all possible. We will also have wipes and hand sanitizer available.
- Coaches will conduct a player/parent zoom meeting once the season has begun.
- Please Note: I am working with our grounds department on a plan for turf/track usage for the Fall 2 season.
Team Tryout Schedules:
Football – Rich Brissette – email@example.com
2/22, 2/23 & 2/24 3:45pm-6:00pm – Middle School Gym – Student-athletes will be grouped per State guidelines – coach will provide remaining practice schedule to student-athletes
Indoor Track – Jason Montrose – firstname.lastname@example.org
2/22, 2/23 & 2/24 3:45pm-6:00pm – High School Gym Lobby – Student-athletes will be grouped per State guidelines – coach will provide remaining practice schedule to student-athletes. Note: Indoor track will be run outdoors with meets scheduled outdoors for April.
Girls Volleyball – Kelvin Castro – email@example.com
2/22, 2/23 & 2/24 3:45pm-6:00pm – High School Gym – Student-athletes will be grouped per State indoor guidelines – coach will provide remaining practice schedule to student-athletes
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Michael McGrath, CAA
Director of Athletics
Weston Public Schools
Follow us on Twitter: @WestonAthletic