Faculty advisors assume ultimate responsibility in assisting the class with the following responsibilities:
- Approval of Events: To consider and approve all event proposals before submission of activity request forms to administration for final approval.
- Logistical support: To help coordinate, organize, and assure all administrative tasks are completed (i.e., dance contracts, building use forms, activity requests, assembly requests, signing of contracts with vendors etc.)
- Acquisition of information: To inform students of new opportunities, changes in rules/policies, conflicts with other school functions and dates
- Supervision of Election Process: To supervise and emcee election speeches for class officers and Student Council Reps.
- Guidance: To guide student leaders in appropriate decision making and request further information if things are unclear
- Acquisition of Chaperones: To serve as the designated administrator at class events and arrange for other chaperones to assist them at designated events
- Meetings: To meet with class officers on a regular basis as well as supervise class meetings and be available for questions
- Follow-through: To follow up with faculty and administration on issues of procedure
Weston High School-Class Parent Responsibilities:
Class Parents assist Faculty Advisors with the following responsibilities:
- Participation: Class Parents will serve as liaisons between the Faculty Advisors (on behalf of the student leaders) and the parents and guardians of the grade they are representing. Class parents promote involvement of the entire class in class events, projects, and fundraisers by communicating with Faculty Advisors, parents, and guardians.
- Community Involvement: To foster community involvement by recruiting parents and guardians to assist with chaperoning class events and engaging in volunteer work.
- Guidance: Faculty Advisors may specifically ask for attendance at planning meetings by either Class Parents and/or parents who have volunteered to help with a specific activity (such as a formal dance or a fundraising activity).
- Meetings: To meet regularly with faculty advisors as well as to attend the monthly PTO Class Parent Meeting with Parent Advisors, the Director of Student Activities, and the PTO Chairpersons in an effort to maintain an updated record of class events/fundraisers.
- Awareness: To keep up on major events occurring at the High School.
- Communication: To communicate regularly with class Faculty Advisors to discuss student/parent concerns and issues surrounding class events, fundraisers and projects
- Chaperones: To serve as chaperones at class events as needed, along with Faculty Advisors, other faculty chaperones, and event/activity chair(s).