Advanced Placement Program is a national curriculum which culminates in a standardized examination in May. At Weston High School, students’ transcripts designate AP courses and grade point averages are calculated based on a weighted system in which AP courses are given a 1.0 boost. Our school profile and other supporting information indicate that all students in AP courses are required to take the AP exam in May. This year, AP history exams are optional, AP Latin is optional, and the AP Statistics exam is optional for Seniors. It is still required for students in other grades. Students who register for optional exams may elect to cancel their test registration through 4/25/18 and are eligible for a partial refund.
Each exam costs $95.00. For example: 1 exam =$95; 2=$190; 3=$285; 4=$380; 5=$475; 6=$570.
Payment can be made online .
2018 Weston High School and AP Exam Schedule
|Course Name||Exam Date||Day||Time|
|Spanish Literature & Culture||5/7||M||7:30 AM|
|Spanish Language & Culture||5/8||TU||7:30 AM|
|English Literature||5/9||W||7:30 AM|
|United States History||5/11||F||7:30 AM|
|Music Theory||5/14||M||7:30 AM|
|Physics C (E/M and Mechanics)||5/14||M||11:30 AM|
|Calculus AB||5/15||TU||7:30 AM|
|Calculus BC||5/15||TU||7:30 AM|
|Computer Science A||5/15||TU||11:30 AM|
|French Language & Culture||5/15||TU||11:30AM|
|World History||5/17||TH||7:30 AM|
|European History||5/18||FR||11:30 AM|
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THROUGH THE FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS
1) Morning exams run 7:30-12:00; Afternoon exams run 11:30-4:30. Students are not permitted to leave exams early.
2) PHYSICS STUDENTS: You must register/pay for both E/M and Mechanics ($190).
3) The regular registration period is November 14 through December 1. After December 1 late fees will be assessed.
4) Announcements about this year’s AP Exam Period will be made in AP classes and through the HS communication system.
5) Student/parent questions and concerns about the AP program may be directed to Ms. Sumski or Ms. Miele in the Guidance Office or Ms. Patterson in TEC or by phone at 781-786-5820.
6) If you require and have already been approved for accommodations for the exams through College Board, please contact Ms. Sumski, Ms. Miele, or Ms. Patterson ASAP to ensure that the accommodations will be provided during the exam.
7) Room assignments for all exams will be published in the lobby by the main office on the day of the exam.
8) If you have a conflict with a specific exam time, you must notify Ms. Sumski, Ms. Miele, or Ms. Patterson ASAP to discuss your eligibility for an alternate, late administration. There is no guarantee that a late administration will be available.
9) Students may register for exams for which they are not taking the corresponding course. They must speak to Ms. Patterson to request such an exam. All requests will be considered but are not guaranteed.
10) If you believe you are eligible for a fee waiver as described by College Board, please contact Case House at 781-786-5320 and let Ms. Sumski, Ms. Miele, or Ms. Patterson know.
Information on WHS Final Exam Schedule is not yet available.