All course recommendations are posted in the Campus Backpack found in your Infinite Campus portal (only available through a computer login, not the mobile app). Log into your portal and you will find the Campus Backpack in the “More” tab on the left.
Please see your Course Recommendations in planning your academic program for the next year. Further, a thoughtful contemplation and discussion with your school counselor often helps in clarifying your options and planning for the future. You can access the Program of Studies HERE.
The 9th grade course selection sheet can be found here: Course Request Form for Incoming Grade 9 students
Please note the following:
- You do not have to take all the courses for which you were recommended. Generally, students take one course in each academic subject area. Choose honors courses wisely, considering your schedule as a whole and activities in which you participate. It is beneficial to have some open time.
- You must have a teacher recommendation in order to sign up for an honors-level course.
- You can only sign up for academic courses for which you have been recommended.
- If you would like to take an honors course but were not recommended, you must complete the Course Override Form for Incoming Grade 9. Completed Override Forms are due February 28, 2020. Students should not wait to meet with their high school counselors before initiating the override form. Submission of an override form does not guarantee placement.
- We are unable to honor teacher requests.
- Students must register for a minimum of 33.5 credits and three alternates as indicated below.
- The maximum number of credits per semester is 20 and per year is 40. Students typically take between 33.5 and 36.5 credits per year.
Please note that if you do not list alternates for electives and the course you are requesting is not available, a choice may be made for you without your input.
Descriptions for all courses available at Weston High School
Click heading above to see the progression of courses for each department.
1) Language instruction is proficiency-based. Students are recommended for the next level if they earn a C+ or better in the Novice and Intermediate I courses (Latin I and II). Students may repeat a course for credit if they are recommended to do so.
2) The designation of another language denotes that the student, due to excellent performance in the current language, might consider taking a second foreign language. Please note that this would have the student taking six academics instead of the recommended five and limits the student’s ability to take other electives.
Recommendation Criteria for Advanced Courses:
course minimum grade or other criteria note World History Honors Recommendation of 8th grade history teacher Honors Geometry Recommendation of 8th grade math teacher AP Computer Science Significant prior programming experience and recommendation of math department head Honors Physics B+/A- in 8th grade science as well as placement exam; challenge questions on labs Attitude and independence of student is considered as part of recommendation; no history of missing assignments