The Secondary Instructional Coach will work as a colleague with classroom teachers to support student learning in all content areas. The Instructional Coach will focus on individual and group professional development that will expand and refine the understanding of research-based effective instruction. In order to fulfill these expectations, the Instructional Coach will provide personalized support that is based on the goals and identified needs of individual teachers and in support of School Improvement Plans. The instructional coach will
- facilitate the intellectual and professional development of teachers
- create positive relationships with teachers and administrators
- communicate and demonstrate research-based instructional practices that result in increased student performance and improve the classroom environment
- communicate effectively with all members of the school district and community
- encourage professional growth and provide organized, individual and/or group learning opportunities for teachers
- assist teachers with designing instructional decisions based on assessment data
- assist teachers in creating materials that are in alignment with curriculum and culturally responsive practices
- instruct and support teachers with curriculum software products, and classroom/curriculum related technologies
- provide support in analyzing student assessment data.
Henry Moon is the new Instructional Coach at the HS as of September 2022.
Henry is a native of Southern California, but has been living in MA for the last 27 years, with the last five as a Weston resident. He earned his Bachelor’s degree in English Literature from UCLA and his Master’s in Teaching and Curriculum from Harvard University before starting his teaching career. He has taught English in Weston since 2001 before accepting the position of Instructional Coach beginning this year. He is a devoted husband to Kathleen Baker, the Director of World Languages, and a proud father of three children in the Weston Public Schools.