To involve our class with Dana Farber and to help benefit them through developing a relationship with them..
* Ranked one of the top cancer hospitals in the nation
* Providing expert, compassionate care to children and adults with cancer, while advancing the understanding, diagnosis, treatment, cure and prevention of cancer and related diseases
* Transforming scientific discoveries into innovative therapies for patients around the world
* Designing programs that promote public health, particularly among high-risk and underserved populations
* Training the next generation of talented physicians-scientists
The Jimmy Fund is:
* Dana-Farber’s principal fundraising arm
* Integral to the success of treatment for once-incurable cancers in children and adults
* Attracting tens of thousands of event participants and volunteers through hundreds of fundraising events each year
* One of America’s favorite charities, The Jimmy Fund is the official charity of the Boston Red Sox, Pan-Massachusetts Challenge, Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association, and Variety Children’s Charity of New England
On Saturday, April 1st, 2017 from 12:00 to 4:00, the Weston High School Dana Farber Jimmy Fund Club is holding it’s annual “Putting for Patients” event – a town wide, fun-filled afternoon of mini-golf and other activities to benefit The Jimmy Fund and Dana Farber Cancer Institute’s work to fight pediatric cancer. You’ll find a complete 18-hole miniature golf course and a 50-foot putting green right to the Weston High School gymnasium! There will be a long-putt contest and prizes for teams in “mini” mini-golf tournaments! Or simply come and play with friends and family. In addition there will be food, face painting, and a chance to win other prizes. Fun for ALL ages! To find out how to register or support this event, contact Marla Schay, the club’s advisor, email@example.com.