To involve our class with Dana Farber and to help benefit them through developing a relationship with them..
* Ranked one of the top cancer hospitals in the nation
* Providing expert, compassionate care to children and adults with cancer, while advancing the understanding, diagnosis, treatment, cure and prevention of cancer and related diseases
* Transforming scientific discoveries into innovative therapies for patients around the world
* Designing programs that promote public health, particularly among high-risk and underserved populations
* Training the next generation of talented physicians-scientists
The Jimmy Fund is:
* Dana-Farber’s principal fundraising arm
* Integral to the success of treatment for once-incurable cancers in children and adults
* Attracting tens of thousands of event participants and volunteers through hundreds of fundraising events each year
* One of America’s favorite charities, The Jimmy Fund is the official charity of the Boston Red Sox, Pan-Massachusetts Challenge, Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association, and Variety Children’s Charity of New England
The club’s mission is to support the great work of Boston’s Dana Farber Cancer Institute in its pediatric and adult cancer research and care for patients from around the world. Now in its fifth year, Weston High School’s Dana Farber Jimmy Fund Club has been very active!
We sponsored the second “Football for Fighters” in October 2017.
A group of students volunteered at the Jimmy Fund walk in September, cheering on teams in Wellesley.
We are planning our fifth “Putting for Patients” fundraiser in April. We have raised over $16,000 in four years – the most of any other school now participating in the mini golf program and the only school over $15,000.
We plan to volunteer at the Marathon Pasta Dinner in April, as we’ve done in past years.
The club is looking to add other events and a visit to Dana Farber later this year.
Last Years 3rd Annual Weston Putting for Patients Mini-Golf Tournament
Mr. Anthony Parker, Principal
Tel: (781) 786-5800
444 Wellesley Street