Dear Parents of Incoming Kindergarten Children,
Greetings from Alphabet Lane! We are excited to welcome you and your child to the Weston Public Schools. All children who reside in Weston and who are five years old on or before September 1, 2021 are eligible for registration. This is an exciting time for your family and we have many upcoming events planned to help for a smooth registration process and transition into Kindergarten!
We are pleased to partner with you to ensure a successful kindergarten year and a positive beginning to your child’s school experience. Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this very important process. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Mrs. Erin Maguire, Principal, Country School
Mrs. Jennifer G. Faber, Principal, Woodland School
Helpful Tips for Incoming Kindergarten Families
- Size: Get a good size one that can fit a snack, lunch, folder, library book, snow stuff, etc…but not so big they are going to fall over getting on the bus.
- Name tag: Your child will get a tag from the school to put on the outside of their backpack with their contact info, bus route and teacher’s name.
- Folder: Your child will be given a folder that needs to come/go with the child everyday in a backpack. This folder is an essential part of the communication between you and the child’s teacher.
Snack and Lunch
- You will need to pack a snack for your child each day. Lunch can be packed or purchased. Lunch menus are available on the school’s website and you will receive instructions at the beginning of the year on how to add money to your child’s lunch account online at myschoolbucks.com.
- Bus routes are available on the school website and will also be printed in the Town Crier in August.
- Most kindergarteners get picked up/dropped off right in front of their house and the bus driver needs to see you or a caregiver at the bus stop.
- Kindergartners are asked to sit in the first few rows and the teachers initially meet the buses when they arrive at school.
- Newsletter: Kindergarten teachers send home information and updates about your child’s learning and special events – great conversation piece.
- Teachers: Very accessible and welcome communication.
- Volunteer: Take advantage of ample volunteer opportunities in the classroom.
- Connect with the School Community
- Join the Weston Community Children’s Association or find them on Facebook
- Join the PTO and sign up for Westword for PTO weekly email/news. Click here for Weston PTO.
- Review the Weston Recreation Center brochure – there are many after school activities for kindergarteners and there is a bus that will take your child to the community center straight from school.
- Healthy snacks are sent everyday.
- Destination notes are required if different from the bus home.
After School Care Program
Children’s Center of Weston K-5th Grade
Woodland School Monday-Friday until 6:00pm. Limited Availability based on need for working parent
Beth Perry, Director
#1 Tip: Relax and enjoy the year ahead – It’s the best! Your child is in great hands – the schools are incredibly
welcoming, nurturing and happy environments and there are many people looking out for the safety and well-being of your child.
If your child turns 5 prior to September 1, 2021, your child is eligible for Kindergarten.
Kindergarten Visit Day: Wednesday, September 1st
Kindergarten First Day: Thursday, September 2th
Kindergarten First Full Day Begins: Wednesday September 8, 2021
Please scroll down for a letter from the School Nurses
Dear Families of Incoming Kindergarten Children:
Welcome to the Weston Public Schools! Due to the COVID safety protocols, we have implemented an online and mail-in process for student registration. The following is the necessary information to guide you through the registration process. In order for your child to be fully enrolled, all of the below items must be completed.
|Complete these documents online:
Due to the realities of homelessness and mobility, students in transition may not have enrollment documents available. Nonetheless, the district will immediately enroll any child or youth in transition. Enrollment may not be denied or delayed due to lack of any document normally required for enrollment. Families/students experiencing homelessness or any transition, including unaccompanied youth, should contact The Office of Student Services at 781-786-5240 for additional information and resources.
Mail ALL of the following documents to:
Your child’s registration will not be considered complete until all documents have been mailed to the school. Prior to the first day of school, September 2, 2021, you will be required to bring original documents listed above for verification. We will notify you about when to bring in the documents. Your school and class assignment will be mailed to you at the end of August.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this very important process. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Mrs. Erin Maguire, Principal, Country School Principal
Mrs. Jennifer G. Faber, Principal, Woodland School Principal
If you have any questions about the registration forms or process, please email your inquiries to Enid DeCastro, District Registrar, located in the High School Guidance Office, or by calling 781-786-5820.
Dear Families of Incoming Kindergarten Students,
The elementary school nurses will be working on reviewing your child’s physical exam and immunizations to provide a successful enrollment in the Fall. Your child’s physical exam will need to be current within 12 months of school starting. (e.g. September 1, 2020 – September 1, 2021).
Massachusetts requires the following immunizations for school enrollment:
- 5 DTaP, 4 Polio, 3 Hep B, 2 MMR and 2 Varicella
- Lead Testing and Visual Stereopsis is required for all incoming Kindergarten students. Please ensure these results are noted on the exam form.
- ALL IMMUNIZATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE THE START OF SCHOOL.
- If your child has allergies/medical concerns please reach out prior to the start of the school year so we can work together and create an individual health care plan for them.
Given these unprecedented times with the Coronavirus pandemic, we understand providing an updated physical may not be possible, so please provide your child’s most recent physical form. However, inform us of your child’s upcoming physical exam date and once completed, provide us with the new physical exam forms.
Please reach out to us with any questions or concerns. We are here to help. Stay safe, be well!
Joanna Sudmyer MSN,RN Woodland School: firstname.lastname@example.org
Janet Weinstein MSN,RN Country School: Weinsteinj@weston.org