Middle School Daily Announcements
Friday June 14
- Grade 8 Washington D.C. trip returns.
- Technology Device Turn-in and Yearbook Distribution will be this Monday, June 17. Grades 6 and 8, you are expected to have both your Chromebook and your charger. Grade 7 you should have your iPad, apple charging block, and cable. If you will not be here next week you need to turn in your technology on your last day.
Tuesday, June 18
- Field Day. This is a day of outdoor activities, focusing on fun sportsmanship and exercise.
Wednesday, June 19
- 1:40-3:15 pm: Grade 8 Moving On Ceremony Rehearsal – All 8th Grade students who plan to participate in the Moving On Ceremony are required to participate in our Moving On Rehearsal. Please contact Michael Brown if your child cannot attend.
- 7:00-9:30 pm in the MS APC/Cafeteria: Grade 8 Semi Formal Dance. A photo opportunity for friends and family will take place outside the MS entrance (weather permitting) from 7:00-7:30pm. (We will use the MS cafeteria if weather does not allow us to do this outside.) Parents can stay for the pictures until 7:30, and then only students will be admitted to the dance. Students may leave early, but they may not return. Also, only current WMS 8th grade students may attend the dance.
Thursday, June 20
- Last day of school. Dismissal is @ 11:45 am. No lunch will be served.
- 8:45-9:45 am in WMS cafeteria: Grade 8 Moving On Breakfast. Students and their families are encouraged to attend. Parents and students can arrive together as late as 9am for the breakfast provided by 7th Grade parent volunteers. (Students can also ride their regular bus to school if you prefer.) At 9:45am, we will move to the WHS auditorium and plan to start the Moving On Ceremony by 10am.
- 10:00-11:30 am in the HS Auditorium: Grade 8 Moving On Ceremony. Family and friends are welcome to join the 8th grade as they “move on” to the HS. The ceremony usually lasts a little more than an hour and fifteen minutes. Please let us know if you son/daughter will not be in attendance. Students will be dismissed from the ceremony and can go home with families or walk back to the MS and take the 11:30 bus.