School Counselors: 2019-2020
Kimberly Roslonek (6th Grade) 781-786-5613
Phoenix Aiello (7th Grade) 781-786-5612
Kari Anne Wye (8th Grade) 781-786-5614
The Guidance and Counseling Program at Weston Middle School is focused on the social, emotional and academic development of all students. Early adolescence is a unique opportunity in the life of an individual. There is rapid physical growth, greater ability to analyze and integrate new information and the expansion of social relationships. There can be new pressures to resolve as the youngster turns towards peers and away from parents as they seek to better define themselves.
WMS counselors are an integral part of the teaming process. Counselors are liaisons between administrators, parents, teachers and students. Counselors attend team meetings to discuss individual student concerns. Counselors utilize opportunities to be involved with students in larger group settings such as classroom discussions, adventure-based counseling (physical education), and drama and health education classes.
School counselors support students in a variety of ways:
- Assisting students in their adjustment to the middle school and transition to the high school.
- Assisting students in helping to resolve a difficult home or school problem.
- Clarifying for students and parents the middle school curriculum, middle school requirements, student academic status, standardized test results, and how to find a “niche” at middle school.
- Advocating for students to help them become better equipped to advocate for themselves.
- Helping students develop better strategies and coping skills for managing personal, social and academic difficulties.
For information on classes for current 8th graders moving on to WHS please visit the WHS Guidance page
If you are considering private school as an option, please review the information provided in the following link to assist you in that process. If you have any questions, please contact your child’s guidance counselor.